Feeling Unhappy With Results - Approaching 12 Months

Your yield may have been great, but your expectations could have raised since noticing the change in appearance. Do you have any immediate post-op photos?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thank you again for the replies. I guess it is not that I am unhappy with the result. There has been a definite improvement over the hairline I had before.

The thing is... I like to wear my hair more combed back exposing the hairline. I guess I had the expectation that I would be able to do that without any issues. I feel like if the left temple was blunted a little bit it would make a significant difference (at least in my head).

I may be going back to get a few hundred grafts to refine the hairline. I go back and forth on it a little bit because I don't really want to go through this whole ordeal again. Since it is a small number of grafts... I am not sure what to expect as far as downtime and recovery.

In adding a few hundred grafts (and maybe temple points), do you think there would be an ugly duckling phase all over again? How many grafts are usually necessary for temple points?

Thanks again

Thank you again for the replies. I guess it is not that I am unhappy with the result. There has been a definite improvement over the hairline I had before.

The thing is... I like to wear my hair more combed back exposing the hairline. I guess I had the expectation that I would be able to do that without any issues. I feel like if the left temple was blunted a little bit it would make a significant difference (at least in my head).

I may be going back to get a few hundred grafts to refine the hairline. I go back and forth on it a little bit because I don't really want to go through this whole ordeal again. Since it is a small number of grafts... I am not sure what to expect as far as downtime and recovery.

In adding a few hundred grafts (and maybe temple points), do you think there would be an ugly duckling phase all over again? How many grafts are usually necessary for temple points?

Thanks again

Interesting thread .. looking at your pics my first reaction is it all looks great, but of course the lighting doesn't always show things clearly and while others with Norwood 4-6 might kill for your head of hair, we all have individual expectations. I know I am worried that my result won't be what I am hoping for, particularly in terms of the temples.

Where/who did you have the procedure done with? Are you in a position financially to go back? I think if it was me and at 18 months on there was a niggling area (maybe a temple that wasn't quite as strong as the other side) that I wasn't happy with I would seriously consider going back and getting perhaps an additional 500(?) grafts just to strengthen the temples and hair line further. You suggest in an earlier post doctors probably don't like doing small procedures but I don't see why not and any decent doctor would obviously want you to be happy with your result and therefore accommodating.

Thanks again

I know {exactly} what you mean. I'm on my 3rd HT for this very reason. When I was on my 2nd HT, I thought that would be it. Then a year went by. Then two. Under certain lighting, my hair looked thin. That is, I WASN'T satisfied. AND I like to comb my hair back.

I'm certain, your next HT would help. My opinion.