My first posting

oceanblue

Hello,

My first time on a HT forum,which seems mainly aimed at the American side.

I'm British but I live in Spain,and I would like to hear from people of their experience with UK or European surgeons.

I've had several procedures over the years,some I would call successful,some not.

My last was with a Uk company called The Hospital Group.org at their Bromsgrove clinic near Birmingham.This was in Sept,2008.

I had aprox 1300 tranplants from a strip taken from the rear of my head.Costing ??3500.

All went well,with a Dr Williams,and I left feeling fine and optimistic.

My hair on top has never completely gone so I've always had density increasing treatments.This also makes it more difficult to judge how much a procedure has wporked.

I feel now however looking at my head now my hair has never looked so thin,or my scalp see through so much.

Have I wasted money? I don't know.

I would like to hear from anyone else who has used this clinic.

Also I'm considering trying EuroSurgery in Wroclaw Poland.This seems like a good place and much better priced than most UK clinics as I'm not a rich person.

I will try to post some post op photos.I don't have any pre op at present but I have emailed Bromsgrove and asked if they have any they can send me.

That's it!

PJ1.jpg.jpg.9564f4b030b62b8945e78a9fd8906a72.jpg

OB, Before you book any more surgeries PLEASE spend more time on this forum and educate yourself on HTs as much as possible. Also, booking an HT because a clinic is affordable is usually a big mistake. You need to see plenty of their work, in person if possible. A botched HT will end up costing you far more than if you just went and had it done the right way from the start.

Regarding your hair: the lighting in the picture reveals that you are a diffuse thinner heading towards at least a NW 5/6. Without seeing your pre-op pics, it's tough to tell how much your surgery did for you. Just guessing, it looks like the 1300 grafts were all placed in your hairline (it appears darker/denser than everywhere else).

It usually helps to have a game plan with a doc regarding future balding and Ht surgeries. If you don't feel confident in your doc I suggest consulting with some well-known, top doctors like H&W, Feller, Shapiro, etc. They may be costlier, but at least you'll get an accurate idea of what you might need to restore your hair.

Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com