Is 3months post op usually when you can start to see hair or when teh hair begins to

At 3 months, you can actually see hairs penetrating the scalp. This means the follicles likely "woke up" a few weeks before. So growth has already "started" a little before the 3 month mark, and hairs can be seen at this point.

However, remember that it's normal to see nothing at this point. Like NewHair noted, this is about the earliest you can expect to see anything. And "little to nothing" is still very normal at 3 months.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I agree and usually it's in the 4th month that the grafts begin to emerge above the scalp line.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Some people grow instantly but this is unusual, most people start growing their new hair somewhere between the 3-6th months and by the 8th months 80% of the hair will show. So it takes about 9-12 months to get the cosmetic benefit for the FIRST session of grafts