Other than Drs Feller, Bloxham and Lindsey who else offers MFUE ?

Having just had - in my opinion - my last FUT, I'm looking to other methods. I was of course considering FUE however as the yield is questionable I started considering MFUE.

Other than Drs Feller, Bloxham and Lindsey what other clinics offer MFUE ? And if not why do you suppose more clinics haven't taken an interest in MFUE ?

NewHare,

It's funny you bring up mFUE today. I just had an mFUE patient come in for a check up 8 months after his procedure today. Looked great! I'll have to share his case eventually.

As far as I know, we are the only 3 currently offering it. But I've spoken with several other clinics about mFUE, and Dr Feller just had a second conversation with a clinic in Canada about integrating mFUE.

And I really do hope others clinics start offering it. And I'd be more than happy to educate and share the technique with any interested party, because I do believe in it. It's been excellent for our patients. And if a clinic has the capability to perform FUT, they can learn and perform mFUE. However, they must have facilities, equipment, staff, and familiarity with microscopic dissection in order to properly cut the mFUE groupings into follicular units.

But I truly, truly do think it's an excellent harvesting technique. And it's very nice to be able to offer it to patients. There are many patients who would benefit from having FUT- quality grafts transplanted, but just can't do an FUT harvest because of the concern of a contiguous linear scar or are bothered by the harvesting process itself. It's also a great way to obtain grafts in those who are stripped out, but don't want to switch to FUE -- or aren't great FUE candidates. And it's probably the most effective method I've ever used to get grafts out of trashed donors. I actually recently had a patient fly up from the Southern US to NY to undergo an mFUE session after he was told by several other doctors that neither FUE or FUT were options for him any further. I was able to get out almost 1,000 QUALITY grafts from a donor that had been ravaged by old plugs, "stripped out" by several FUTs, and dangerously thinned by FUEs that according to the patient, didn't grow well. Great to be able to do this for him.

However, it's important to remember that it is a relatively "new" technique when you compare it to FUT and FUE. And many want data, time, and practice before integrating a new technique into their practices. Some clinics have waited over a decade before integrating FUE -- which has been described its modern form since 1989 and pretty well accepted since 2002 -- so I can see why clinics would want to see some more before seeing if mFUE is something they would want to offer their patients. Now I do think mFUE has a little bit of an advantage over some other "new" techniques because it really is just a hybrid of the accepted harvesting techniques available today -- with likely having more in common with the gold standard FUT. But it's still new-er, so I understand.

And we are going to do an "update" on everything soon. All three of us have really come a long way with the technique even since officially announcing it a year ago, and we'll start really sharing some cases, publishing papers, and sharing some scientific presentations.

If you'd like to send me some images, I'd be happy to look everything over and see if I think mFUE would be good for you in general.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

NewHare,

And we are going to do an "update" on everything soon. All three of us have really come a long way with the technique even since officially announcing it a year ago, and we'll start really sharing some cases, publishing papers, and sharing some scientific presentations.

If you'd like to send me some images, I'd be happy to look everything over and see if I think mFUE would be good for you in general.

Hope this helps!

Sounds good.... I'll look forward to seeing those updates. As a year has past you should have some interesting results in.

BTW, I sent you an email with photos for you to look over.

NewHare

NewHare,

It's funny you bring up mFUE today. I just had an mFUE patient come in for a check up 8 months after his procedure today. Looked great! I'll have to share his case eventually.

As far as I know, we are the only 3 currently offering it. But I've spoken with several other clinics about mFUE, and Dr Feller just had a second conversation with a clinic in Canada about integrating mFUE.

And I really do hope others clinics start offering it. And I'd be more than happy to educate and share the technique with any interested party, because I do believe in it. It's been excellent for our patients. And if a clinic has the capability to perform FUT, they can learn and perform mFUE. However, they must have facilities, equipment, staff, and familiarity with microscopic dissection in order to properly cut the mFUE groupings into follicular units.

But I truly, truly do think it's an excellent harvesting technique. And it's very nice to be able to offer it to patients. There are many patients who would benefit from having FUT- quality grafts transplanted, but just can't do an FUT harvest because of the concern of a contiguous linear scar or are bothered by the harvesting process itself. It's also a great way to obtain grafts in those who are stripped out, but don't want to switch to FUE -- or aren't great FUE candidates. And it's probably the most effective method I've ever used to get grafts out of trashed donors. I actually recently had a patient fly up from the Southern US to NY to undergo an mFUE session after he was told by several other doctors that neither FUE or FUT were options for him any further. I was able to get out almost 1,000 QUALITY grafts from a donor that had been ravaged by old plugs, "stripped out" by several FUTs, and dangerously thinned by FUEs that according to the patient, didn't grow well. Great to be able to do this for him.

However, it's important to remember that it is a relatively "new" technique when you compare it to FUT and FUE. And many want data, time, and practice before integrating a new technique into their practices. Some clinics have waited over a decade before integrating FUE -- which has been described its modern form since 1989 and pretty well accepted since 2002 -- so I can see why clinics would want to see some more before seeing if mFUE is something they would want to offer their patients. Now I do think mFUE has a little bit of an advantage over some other "new" techniques because it really is just a hybrid of the accepted harvesting techniques available today -- with likely having more in common with the gold standard FUT. But it's still new-er, so I understand.

Hope this helps!

mFUE kinda fell off the radar for a bit there, and I must admit that I forgot about it as an option. It's been a year since you and Dr Feller went on that mFUE promotion campaign. I'd be very interested to see some of the 1 year results. Do ou have videos/more cases you can share with us? I'm most interested in what the Donor scaring looks like?

NewHare,

Thanks. I'll look them over and circle back.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.