Disguising a Hair Transplant (FUT)

I will be getting a hair transplant in the near future but I need some advice on how to keep my colleagues from detecting that I have had one done. I will be growing out my hair so the FUT scar will at least be hidden. My vertex is getting worked on by the way!

I am retired from the military and in my late 40's and I decided to go back to school as a full-time student and I will most likely get my surgery done before Xmas break and this should give me about three weeks to recover before class starts again in Jan.

My only issue is I don't want to draw attention to myself while the newly transplanted hair is growing out plus I was also thinking to tell my professor the truth and ask for his/her permission to wear a beanie while everything is healing in the meantime but I don't think this will work. Any Ideas?

:confused:

Edited by Qneedhair

It takes up to 12-15 months for any HT procedure to fully mature so the transformation along the way is not as noticeable as you may think. Unless you have large barren scalp areas, you can disguise a lot of the work by wearing your hair at a longer length and how you style it to cover the recipient areas.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY