choice dilemma for receeding temples

sivy28

Hi im 51 with a norwood 3 which involves the usual look of high receding temples and the tuft of hair like an island in the middle.

i have researched this forum and a few others and im still struggling with surgeon choice and really whether its worth it or not .

there seems to be quite a few posts where people are disappointed with the growth at the temples, is this a very common ?

it seems that density is difficult to achieve at the temples which obviously will result in a poor hairline.

I have quite a dense tuft in the middle and i worry now that the temples would look noticeable if the density was too weak at the temples giving an unnatural look.

I mean i keep hearing second pass but how common is this ?

through my research i gathered that most the top surgeons use manual fue so maybe better yield?

but anyway i cannot afford the high end but i want to avoid the technician mills so hear are the choices

dr de reys - manual fue he quoted 2000 grafts which was the most conservative but i read a post on here where the patient with similar hairline had the same doubts 2000 Graft FUE by Dr De Reys in Belgium - Page 3 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients he is questioning his density albeit hes at 8 months , he dosnt seem to have much work to look at and i see hes not on the ishrs ?

the next is hairlineclinic in turkey dr oztan manual fue

they have quoted 2600 and seem to have some impressive work but again not on this forum and hard to find apart from one of the italian ones.

dr bhatti motorised , he quoted 2800 seems to be alot of results but mainly indian and then there was the question of poor photos etc and there are again concerns over density at the hairline ? but im not sure now whether this is the same with all ?

ive shaved my head bald for the moment but admit i dont like the look but will live with it if i have too . I dont mind going through the surgery and i know its a gamble but i was hoping these cases were a rarity and mainly patients have success restoring the hairline but its difficult to gauge the success percentage per surgeon ? also without having a second pass .

I do think all of these have had good results but obviously only display there best results its a pity there wasnt data giving the success rate of the clinic as its easy to be misled by the forums

anyhow whats the consensus on the surgeons im considering for hairline work any advise appreciated

sivy,

Thanks for posting your questions on this forum For starters, I suggest posting some photos of your temples so we have an idea of the kind of work you want/need.

Also, the surgeons recommended by this community have a proven track record of producing outstanding results. It is not common for poor growth in the temporal areas at all. Thus, as long as you select a quality physician, I feel confident that you will have optimal growth. That said, hair transplant surgery is not an exact science and even the best surgeons have cases of poor growth. But if a qualified surgeon considers you a candidate and your temporal loss bothers you a lot, it may be worth considering undergoing the procedure.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

here are my pics im not sure what kind of density would be possible in numbers but ive been told i have good donor hair as im 51 and the hair loss has slowed down some now as i first started in my late 20s i have no loss at the crown or back

11.jpg.6384d816b1e5a58f338b14b23445ae4f.jpg

12.jpg.22573b5b367417998541a705c1959895.jpg

Looking at your picture's, I would say between 2500 to 3000 grafts to match your current density.

2000 grafts wont get you where you be happy with I would say & thats taking into account your temple points of say 250 grafts each side.

Im may be a smidge out but thats going on 2 pics as your density could be better hence you may need a little less grafts....but definitely 2500 minimum I would say.

i think i agree ontop , not sure if 2000 is enough for density , and though dr bhatti quoted 2800 the recent work ive seen on here is making question what to do as there has been quite a few ive read who seem to be unhappy with density at the hairline which is important to me I will have to dig deeper to find results.

Edited by sivy28

Yep 2500 plus looks about for you buddy.

take your time, do your research & look out for consistency with HT Doctors who has done HT on guys with very similar hairloss as yourself.