Stem Cell + FUE

• 1 month later...

Any doctor who promises stem cell treatments for hair growth is a fraud and should be blacklisted.

Ask them if they can refer any scientific studies, references, showing results.

Any doctor who promises stem cell treatments for hair growth is a fraud and should be blacklisted.

Ask them if they can refer any scientific studies, references, showing results.

yeah I think its a fancy word for PRP

Yeah, I'm not sure about this at all. There's not a single link to a scientific study or a proper explanation of what they're actually doing.

There's a few research companies looking into this sort of research - broadly speaking using the bodies own cells to act as a kind of growth enhancer using various different techniques. But no way is it as simple as taking cells from the abdomen and injecting them into the scalp and, hey presto, you stop balding. The companies who have been researching this sort of stuff have had, at best, fairly average results. PRP is a similar kind of thing (if not the same thing...) and results have been variable. It's certainly no revolutionary way to stop hairloss.

It's a potentially promising field but I'm highly sceptical about these claims. Particularly as there's no photos, no studies, not even any real attempt at an explanation. I'd at least want to see a lot of scientific evidence of efficacy and safety and, most importantly, some good quality photo studies before I even considered something like this.

If something looks too good to be true and has no empirical evidence or clinical substantiation, then it probably is!...:confused:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

mlc2010,

Thank you for sharing this interesting find. I've reached out to Dr. Reddy and invited him to join this discussion and provide any data or case studies that illustrate these claims.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website