Color Question for density candidates

Hello Gang.

I have been to 3 separate consults over the past week, and had my last consult bring something up that the other two did not. I thought I would share and also ask some thoughts from the pro's that lurk on the board.

The consult i went to today brought up this point. He stated that you kind of need to decide if you are ever going to shave your head before going into any permanent smp procedure. The reason being is this. If you are just using the SMP as filler the color that we will use (I have dark and grey hair) will be dark as to blend in and fill the gaps

However if I was going to shave my head, he would use a much lighter color to appear "shaded" and not overly dark and unnatural.

Up until this point, I had not considered this. It makes sense.

Ideally I would love to shave my head, but lots of scars back there that I have had for 20 plus years, not quite ready to take that leap yet.

Thoughts?

The color of my current hair is only relevant to the point of blending it make it look full.

Simply stated if you have dark hair (or darkish) color the color need to blend and add density will have to be dark.

Then if you shave in later years (lets assume minimal color shifting for now) it will appear to dark. And potentially too dark to appear natural. An 80 year old man with a dark brown shaved look may not look that natural.

Maybe I am re-stating what I stated prior. If so sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It make sense. If you going to shave the head they need to match the color to make it look

Like what it is shaved.

If not, then any shade will do as a filler. If you are planning on shaving, then i would shave it and get it done as if you are going to shave it in the future. Eother way it will be a nice filler! Just my 02