bald spots from birth

first time poster looking for advice.

basically I was either born with or have for as long as I can remember three areas in my scalp where I have never had any hair growth.

I have always been able to style my hair in a way that covers these areas.

Lately though I have had excessive hair shedding which I have been told is related to stress from my final year exams at university and has put a larger number of hair than normal into resting phase and have been told that this hair will grow back.

But it has made the patch to the front of my head more noticeable if I was to style my hair up.

This has spurred me on to finally get these areas fixed as I am in a position where it is now financially possible.

I have decided not to get this treated at home in ireland as clinics here are expensive and bar one seem to have poor to mixed results.

The exception quoting a ridiculous price for such a small area of work.

I have exchanged emails with Dr.Marwan Saifi in Poland who said about 500-600 grafts will fix these areas but havn't gotten a response in a while but I have seen alot of his work online and have him well researched and would be happy to follow through with him.

I have also noticed Asmed Hair Transplant - Dr. Koray Erdogan.

What sparks my interest the most with him is the long hair FUE procedure he does that would make a hair transplant completely unnoticeable during the recovery period for someone such as myself.

basically I guess im looking to know what questions I need to ask that I may not have thought of.

Also what is the usual wait time on a procedure such as this for these clinics.

And are they usually good to respond to emails and such I havn't gotten a reply from ASMED as of yet regarding my inquiries and havn't heard back from Dr. Saifi in a few days while i realize they can be busy it makes me worry if something goes wrong or I need advice

IMG_20160522_190453.thumb.jpg.3974a05c3e30a9674c44807125fb7729.jpg

IMG_20160522_19053721.thumb.jpg.22b8b3dd5fb4e4f610ed35f2ed3bab39.jpg

IMG_20160522_190652.thumb.jpg.8d270b431475e3a46c0cbd951701788c.jpg

first time poster looking for advice.

basically I was either born with or have for as long as I can remember three areas in my scalp where I have never had any hair growth.

I have always been able to style my hair in a way that covers these areas.

Lately though I have had excessive hair shedding which I have been told is related to stress from my final year exams at university and has put a larger number of hair than normal into resting phase and have been told that this hair will grow back.

But it has made the patch to the front of my head more noticeable if I was to style my hair up.

This has spurred me on to finally get these areas fixed as I am in a position where it is now financially possible.

I have decided not to get this treated at home in ireland as clinics here are expensive and bar one seem to have poor to mixed results.

The exception quoting a ridiculous price for such a small area of work.

I have exchanged emails with Dr.Marwan Saifi in Poland who said about 500-600 grafts will fix these areas but havn't gotten a response in a while but I have seen alot of his work online and have him well researched and would be happy to follow through with him.

I have also noticed Asmed Hair Transplant - Dr. Koray Erdogan.

What sparks my interest the most with him is the long hair FUE procedure he does that would make a hair transplant completely unnoticeable during the recovery period for someone such as myself.

basically I guess im looking to know what questions I need to ask that I may not have thought of.

Also what is the usual wait time on a procedure such as this for these clinics.

And are they usually good to respond to emails and such I havn't gotten a reply from ASMED as of yet regarding my inquiries and havn't heard back from Dr. Saifi in a few days while i realize they can be busy it makes me worry if something goes wrong or I need advice

ASMED can take a few days to respond although when I've emailed them back recently they've replied really quickly. When did you contact them? I had a consult with Dr Erdogan in London about 3 weeks back and I asked about wait times and if I recall she said about 2 months ahead but I guess it depends on the specific dates. I'm sure they get cancellations too.

can I ask what email address you used to contact this clinic just to make sure I have the correct one.

I see that your going to be going through with a procedure from ASMED clinic also.

Can I ask what made you chose this clinic was it down to price or reviews or a mixture of both ?

From what I've seen online the results seem to be very positive coming from this clinic

can I ask what email address you used to contact this clinic just to make sure I have the correct one.

I see that your going to be going through with a procedure from ASMED clinic also.

Can I ask what made you chose this clinic was it down to price or reviews or a mixture of both ?

From what I've seen online the results seem to be very positive coming from this clinic

I used the email they posted in the forum for booking to have a London consultation. The email address is sevinc@asmed.com.tr

In terms of choosing Asmed, it was a combination of things. I was initially attracted to Turkey for the lower prices, but also the strong hairlines that both Dr Erdogan and Dr Doganay were showcasing. Back in 2014 I contacted Dr Erdogan, Dr. Hakan Doganay and Dr. Demirsoy's people and all three replied. Doganay's people said he wouldn't lower my hairline due to my age so I pretty much ruled him out. Demirsoy's people sent me a link to some results and in comparison to Erdogan and Doganay they weren't that impressive so I was favoring Asmed/Erdogan but they were also the clinic that suggest the highest number of grafts which suddenly meant it was more expensive than I had anticipated. Anyway, I put it on the back burner and then for whatever reason I started considering it again this year. Then as luck would have it, I noticed that Dr Erdogan was in London for consultations on May 14th and so I booked into see him.

He and the rest of the team were very friendly and seeing me in person he also revised the number of grafts I would need from 3200 to 2700. So I think the combo of a good reputation here and a really good consultation is what's finally lead me to decide to go ahead with Asmed.

if you don't mind me asking can you give me an estimation as to what your being charged per graft ?

Alot of very good work seems to be coming out of Turkey at incredibly competitive prices.

Much better than the relatively mediocre results I've seen of certain clinics at home.

I hope the HT goes well for you looking at past ASMED results I'd say you'll be delighted.

Will you be staying in Turkey for a few days after the procedure to have them wash your hair ?

That's the one thing I'm very worried about in case I accidentally knock out the grafts

if you don't mind me asking can you give me an estimation as to what your being charged per graft ?

Alot of very good work seems to be coming out of Turkey at incredibly competitive prices.

Much better than the relatively mediocre results I've seen of certain clinics at home.

I hope the HT goes well for you looking at past ASMED results I'd say you'll be delighted.

Will you be staying in Turkey for a few days after the procedure to have them wash your hair ?

That's the one thing I'm very worried about in case I accidentally knock out the grafts

The prices for Asmed are on their site, they charge 2.50 euros per graft which is higher than many in Turkey, but reputation wise, I feel more comfortable with Asmed and while lots will chance it and opt for the cheaper/lesser known clinics (I watched a YouTube video of a guy who had his done in Turkey recently and he picked them solely on the basis of a Facebook offer which offered 250 GBP/pounds off :eek: ) I was looking for some one who did good natural hair lines and also has a good reputation on this forum.

As for staying, I have similar concerns to you so I am staying an extra day. Plan is to have the actual surgery on Tue, then in theory I could go home on Wed afternoon, but I'm going to stay until Friday morning. That means I can also get them to wash the hair on Thursday. I would like to do the same on Friday, but flights to London (from SAW) are limited and there are no afternoon flights on the Friday so I think I'm 99% decided I'll get the 8:35 am TA's flight back on Fri morning.

• 2 weeks later...

so Im after being in contact with a number of clinics across Europe.

Originally it was beginning to look like a throw up between Dr Saifi in Poland and ASMED in Istanbull.

I have also looked at a number of clinics in belgium.

But all surgeons seem to be telling me different things with my online consultation with ASMED telling me that I will be needing 2500-3000 grafts to fix this problem a number i find to be incredibly large personally I was thinking around the 600-800 mark.

Dr. Saifi recommended roughly 500 or so to fix this problem but I havn't received a reply from him in some time.

I was also in contact with a number of clinics in Belgium with one quoting 1800 grafts and sending me images of the operation plan with an entirely altered hairline which was unacceptable to me as I don't want or need my hairline messed with at this point other than repair of the areas mentioned.

I have also been in contact with Dr Yamans clinic in Istanbull who have given me a rough estimate of 600-800 grafts depending on an in person consultation and my hair characteristics.

And I like this approach along with seeing alot of Dr Yamans work on here I feel very comfortable with this decision but is Istanbull safe to travel to at the moment ?

does anyone think I am being too conservative with my own estimates of less than 1000 grafts or are the quotations with the higher number of grafts more realistic and I am just in denial about the number of grafts needed