Time between HT ?

I tell patients 8 months at an absolute minimum. However, this is really more for patients who want work in a different area. The 8 months is more for the back to return to normal and heal to the point where a second surgery is okay. However, this still leaves at least 4 months of time for the previously transplanted work to mature. This means that most would probably want you to wait a full 12 months (and you could make an argument for 18) if you are seeking to work in the same area.

Hope this makes sense!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks...

I think I understood... 8 months. I like that answer.

I understand it takes about a year for the hairs to fully mature... But 8 months after HT, if someone wants to add more density to same spot... It should be ok.

Et,

Actually, I think the opposite is probably more accurate: if you want to work in the same spot to increase density, you should probably give it the full 12 months to see how the density winds up. If you want to work in an unrelated area (IE working in the crown when you previously did the front), I think 8 months is okay.

However, different clinics will probably have differing rules about when they will go back in. If you are considering a specific doctor or clinic, you may want to ask them specifically.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.