New to Nioxin

Just started using Nioxin cleanser and scalp therapy for the first time last week. Wasn't sure if you need to use it daily or if 2 or 3 times a week is fine. Just want to find out from some long time users how often they use it and what are the results.

Thanks

Just started using Nioxin cleanser and scalp therapy for the first time last week. Wasn't sure if you need to use it daily or if 2 or 3 times a week is fine. Just want to find out from some long time users how often they use it and what are the results.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I just started using it this weekend , and the bottle of shampoo says its for daily cleaning... I have heard some guys use it 2 to 3 times a week, but the stuff helps get off the monoxidil residual and the key to healthy hair includes a healthy scalp and therefore I will continue to use it daily.

Cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

jnel24,

I have used Nioxin on and off over the past few years. I used it every day because it really does improve the look of the hair. My hair always seemed thicker. I only used the shampoo and the conditioner (none of the "frill" stuff). I have never heard any adverse effects of using it every day, though I would highly recommend adding Nizoral 2% to your regimen at least ever third day. That way, you can toggle back and forth between the two and you will get the benefit of 1) the Nizoral's proven effects for promoting a healthy scalp and 2) Nioxin's "thickening" properties for aesthetics.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 4 weeks later...

i am seriously becoming an advocate for nioxin. that stuff is great. it works very well with thinning hair. i highly, highly recommend anyone to use that stuff. you can go to their website to find a distribution partner. do a search on google.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

• 1 month later...

hi,

I am 5 months post-op. About 50% of the

grafts are growing. Still waiting for

the dormant grafts. I currently take

a centrum multi-vitamin to supplement

my folic acid intake.

I was wondering which shampoo is recommended?

I normally use V05,Pert, Finesse, etc.

Is Nioxin any good for 5 months post-op? Many

people say that it is no different from

other shampoos.

As of 10/27/04, Nioxin Cleanser & Scalp Therapy combo (33oz each) sell for $39 at JCPenney.

Thanks,

pacman26