Mid-Twenties (or younger) Patients, how did you...?

How did you reconcile and justify your decision to undergo a HT at what is regarded as a young, and thus riskier, age?

I am soon to be 25, have been on finasteride and nizoral for 2 years and minoxidil for 5 years; so I am doing everything in my power to arrest my hair loss.

I believe that over the last 2 years my crown has actually thickened up under these treatments. It has certainly not gotten worse.

As for the frontal hairline region, I think it may very well have slipped slightly below baseline, albeit very slowly. Perhaps this is not the case or perhaps the fin couldn't save hairs that were already too far gone, I'm not sure.

Anyway I am severely bothered by my hairline. I feel like I am always inhibited by this nagging spectre. I desperately want a hairline transplant so I can fully enjoy what should be the best years of my life.

I have been quoted 1500-1800 by Dr. Bhatti and this appeals to me as I have no interest in dense packing a hairline. I want to get the hairline done as conservatively as possible and still have plenty of grafts in the bank down the track.

Younger patients, how did you reconcile your decision to undergo a procedure even though the risk of further loss is quite considerable? Because that is the only thing I am hesitant about, further hair loss and an unnatural pattern down the track.

It depends Ozmicky. You got any pics of your hair?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. You're on the best medical hair loss treatments and you are realistic about staying conservative in your approach.

You can trust Dr. Bhatti's advice. He's very practical and conservative when it comes to younger patients.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website