Help guys…..totally confused!!

dwh

I everyone just wondering is there anyone out there who has been in a similar position to me.

I am a 47 years old male with what I would class as NW5/6.

Over the last 12 months I have been through many ups and downs regarding HT surgery. For such a big decision to make regarding your appearance and changing your life, it’s scary.

After joining many forums and networks and spending many hours researching who is the best, who I can trust, location of the clinic etc. etc. It’s been in possible to make a decision. Without doubt it’s an absolute mine field out there.

Like most people on here who are considering HT. I am scared, nervous and totally confused

What I have learnt though is that it’s hard to find a bad word about Dr Koray Erdogan or his clinic ASMED. Many people are very impressed with his results. From my research on choosing a surgeon it’s seems to be about finding an artist who really cares about the end result.

Because I have lost my complete hairline I know I will need a complete new hairline and this scares the hell out of me.

Saying all that I have 99% made my decision to have HT (FUE). I would be ever so grateful if anyone would be so kind to answer any of my questions below or offer me any advice or experiences they might have had.

Thank you for your time it’s very much appreciated.

1 My main concern is the hairline. As I am completely bald in this area can a new total natural looking hairline be created?

2 Could I still shave my head using a 2-3mm in length all over and it still would look natural?

3 How good is Dr Koray Erdogan and his staff?

4 Does anyone regret having hair transplants ?

I encourage you to check out my story on my profile. I reached out to Erdogan before finding my surgeon. I didn't have a positive response from him.

I ended up choosing a plastic surgeon in Istanbul and I couldn't be happier with the results. Turkey is a mine field of different "centers" and some of the people performing hair transplants are GM's and not surgeons (which is illegal there). Some are something called "Hair Transplant Technicians" which is even worse. They have no medical training.

My process had to be broken into two surgeries (three if you count the botched job I had done in California)...so I am not done but I'm very proud of the current results.

Good luck and don't be scared to take the plunge once you find the right doc for you. Just make sure he's a licensed surgeon...not just a general practitioner or hair tech.

I everyone just wondering is there anyone out there who has been in a similar position to me.

I am a 47 years old male with what I would class as NW5/6.

Over the last 12 months I have been through many ups and downs regarding HT surgery. For such a big decision to make regarding your appearance and changing your life, it’s scary.

After joining many forums and networks and spending many hours researching who is the best, who I can trust, location of the clinic etc. etc. It’s been in possible to make a decision. Without doubt it’s an absolute mine field out there.

Like most people on here who are considering HT. I am scared, nervous and totally confused

What I have learnt though is that it’s hard to find a bad word about Dr Koray Erdogan or his clinic ASMED. Many people are very impressed with his results. From my research on choosing a surgeon it’s seems to be about finding an artist who really cares about the end result.

Because I have lost my complete hairline I know I will need a complete new hairline and this scares the hell out of me.

Saying all that I have 99% made my decision to have HT (FUE). I would be ever so grateful if anyone would be so kind to answer any of my questions below or offer me any advice or experiences they might have had.

Thank you for your time it’s very much appreciated.

1 My main concern is the hairline. As I am completely bald in this area can a new total natural looking hairline be created?

2 Could I still shave my head using a 2-3mm in length all over and it still would look natural?

3 How good is Dr Koray Erdogan and his staff?

4 Does anyone regret having hair transplants ?

Hi Dwh

First thing to do is to help yourself by not rushing into anything.

If you are NW5 then I would not be to concerned about the hairline.

Donor is limited usually so it may look odd if you concentrate just on the hair line.

If I were you I would opt for a small fue procedure with a doc who uses a small hand punch, 0.9 mm or less, I would go for probably 500 fue into the frontal forlock only.

I would then wait 18 months and see how you heal up and how things turn out. You can always expand on this donor permitting.

Taking your points in turn

1 You say you are NW5 so I am assuming loss is not just in the hair line

2 Depends on how you heal and procedure you opt for fue or strip, also skill of the doc

3 Meet with several clients and see what they look like, not just the dr rep

try to find a real client with similar loss and characteristics to yourself

4 Yes. A hair transplant is the biggest regret of my life, I would love to be NW5 and have no scars on my head and take back the 25 years of my life, I have spent to regain a normal appearance.

Hope this helps all the best

ej

Don't rush into it. Find the right doctor with the right patients with proven results. There are less out there than you may realize.

As far as regrets, yes, absolutely it was a huge regret and I would always recommend trying to shave your head first and try that look out. Keep in mind that may be the end result anyway, as most people continue to lose hair regardless of medication. Though if you do it then medication is an absolute must.

Have realistic goals and expectations and those should be confirmed by the doctor. If they tell you it's a one shot deal and you'll likely never need any more work done to continue to have a natural appearance then you need to run out of the shop. Also, keep in mind hair supply is limited and that you can never have more hairs on your head than you currently have so the question becomes if you move hairs from a certain location to another can you gain a better, more pleasing look? If you and a reputable doctor believe that to be the case then do what you feel is best for you man. Good luck.