Topical Finasteride

andy_+_+

I've been on finasteride since 22 years of age. I've noticed now for the last 2 years(32 now) that I've been having side effects.

I was looking at the Hasson and Wong website and that they have a topical finasteride.

Has anyone tried it? Any feedback would be great. I don't belive its available in the States.

• 1 month later...

What kind of side effects have you been having? Did you not notice these sides before for 8 years and started only 2 years ago?

I have been taking proscar for 2.5 years and did not notice any sides until maybe 6 months ago. However, the sides are not what other people experience. I have been getting a lot of joint clicking and joint pain in most of my joints. And I can't exercise like I used to. I'm only 26 years old and have no family history of any sort of joint problems. My blood work is fine and xray reports on the joints came back fine. So the only thing I could attribute it to is the finestride. I'm not taking any other medication.

I thought if you don't get side effects when you start finestride, then you won't ever get any sides. :(

I was also thinking of starting topical fin from Hasson and Wong, but it's a recent drug and not FDA approved so somewhat scared if it might behave weirdly with the body because of the different delivery mechanism.

Dr. Wesley in NY has several topical solutions that include Fin. I would contact his office. He made reference to solid returns so far. Dr. Shapiro at SMG is also prescribing it. Both are trusted doctors here in the states.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks esrec for the information.

Ilikemyhair, I need to go see a doctor to make sure its because of proscar. I have some allergic reactions and had to take prednisone for almost a year.