Is there a way to anticipate bald area?

Chancy

Hi guys,

I had a procedure of 1100 grafts 1 year ago in the front. Now I'm still dropping more hairs at the boundary of HT area. I'm worried that the bald is spreading to the crown, because it's itchy there, and more hairs are dropping everyday.

I want to know if there's a way to anticipate that my crown will be bald in the future. My family hasn't crown bald but only front bald.

I'm taking propecia now, should I continue using minoxidil?

Thanks,

Chancy

Hi guys,

I had a procedure of 1100 grafts 1 year ago in the front. Now I'm still dropping more hairs at the boundary of HT area. I'm worried that the bald is spreading to the crown, because it's itchy there, and more hairs are dropping everyday.

I want to know if there's a way to anticipate that my crown will be bald in the future. My family hasn't crown bald but only front bald.

I'm taking propecia now, should I continue using minoxidil?

Thanks,

Chancy

Thanks Phil,

The hairs I drop now don't have the 'taper off' in diameter, they're equal in diameter, and sometimes with yellow ball at one end. So the hairs are not getting weaker. Based on your experience, these hairs might not belong to the 'bald' area. So I think they might be the newly planted hairs. I do observed that the HT hairs are getting fewer and fewer, in a slow rate.

When I did HT at Bosley, there're 2 people planting hairs (one on left and one on right). Now the hairs on my left side are dropping, I guess it's because of his poor work? icon_frown.gif

So I'm wondering if these planted hairs will come back, or they died completely. It's hard to see new ones coming out icon_frown.gif

Chancy,

There's no true way of determining just how far hair loss will progress genetically. A miniaturization test may give you some idea, but some areas may not be affected that years from now will. Between family history, a miniaturization test, your age, and current hair loss pattern, you may be able to develop some idea, but it's not a guarantee.

That's why it's usually advisable at first sign of hair loss to consider getting on Propecia and Rogaine right away. It's advisable however, to consult with a doctor first to discuss the condition and treatments to learn about not only the benefits, but the potential side effects.

Best wishes,

Bill