Finally got a HT - question on donor area

After years of posting on this forum, and 16 years posting on various other forums with the same username, I finally got an HT done (FUE) a few days ago. I will share more details, photos, impressions, etc. soon rest assured.

But in the meantime, I wanted to know if other patients have experienced wavy/wrinkle patch in the donor area as shown in the picture. The rest of the head was also used as donor, but this one patch has this wrinkle look. Photo taken today, post op day 5. I am sleeping upright with a neck pillow. Am applying bacitrain. Will it go away or anything I can do about the wrinkles?

donor_wavy_small.thumb.jpg.be4810861ff235aeac5e1bae70505318.jpg

I never experienced that with my FUE. That said, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I just had my 1 year check-up yesterday and the donor area healed up so well that you couldn't even see a trace of scarring under the microscope which is pretty remarkable. Odds are it will heal up really nicely but definitely monitor for any issues to share with your doctor.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

• 2 weeks later...