What To Expect At 7 Months? - Haunted By Uneven Growth

I am a week past 7 months and I am still concerned about the left temple. I see many fine hairs about 1cm in length on both sides and it is hard to tell if there are a good number of new sprouts or not.

I know people say that 7 months is usually 70%. If that applies to the right side... I would be stoked about that. However, I am not sure just another 30% on the left would do the trick.

Most of the hairs coming in are very fine and almost undetectable under regular light. I know they are growing because there are both long ones and shorter ones on both sides.

Anyone else here had something like this happen? Is it possible that the left side is just slower growth for some reason? Is it really possible to see major growth after 7 months? I guess I will find out over the coming months....

There's general timelines that we can follow, but reality says everyone grows at their own pace. You have plenty of months ahead for things to happen.

I saw your your post/pics from last month when you had these concerns. I'm surprised so many grafts were stuck in such a small area. That said, I'm sure it will be a home run.

You're still very early.

I'm falling victim to these timelines too, but like mentioned above, there really is so much variability.

Initial growth isn't even supposed to really kick in until month 4, so to expect a visually impactful result just 3 months later is a lot to ask.

Spex recently mentioned that at month 6, you're only 50% there. Most importantly, it sounds like you're seeing a lot of activity.

• Moderators

Since you're seeing some fine, nearly undetectable hairs growing in, I would simply let them grow for another 2 months and then see where you are.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.