Jump to content

Orbital Floor Fracture Post-op dissatisfaction?

Recommended Posts

I recently had an orbital floor fracture procedure and am dissatisfied with the results. One eye looks different from the other and I wanted to know if anyone here knew of a plastic surgeon who could asses the situation that wasn't my opthamologist who performed the procedure.. Or are opthamologists typically the people who perform these kind of surgeries?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Senior Member

Usually it's an ENT, Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon who repair orbital floor fractures. Usually ophthalmologists stay away from orbital work - they don't like it. If you had a subconjunctival incision done and the fat was lifted into your orbit and mesh placed you should not have enophthalmos (sunken in appearance) to the eyes. However, if a little fat was not pushed up, that can lead to one being sunken in. Hopefully no double vision. Can see plastic surgeon or Oral-maxillofacial surgeon for repair - may be difficult to do however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...