Any Dr. Carlos Wesley Patients?

Hello I am new to this website. I have done some research and am considering a FUE hair transplant with Dr. Carlos Wesley of New York. If anyone has had a hair transplant with Dr. Wesley please respond, I would love to chat and ask some questions.

Sorry I confused you with another poster. If you want to see Dr. Wesley results though just run a search and previous patients will come up.

Who else are you considering? What size case? Are you open to travel? How did you decide on FUE? Maybe post some pics if you can.

Sorry I confused you with another poster. If you want to see Dr. Wesley results though just run a search and previous patients will come up.

Who else are you considering? What size case? Are you open to travel? How did you decide on FUE? Maybe post some pics if you can.

I am also considering Dr. Feller of New York. I believe I'm a Norwood 2 but not positive. Im open to travel really anywhere on the East Coast. I decided FUE because a visible linear scar makes me nervous. Ill try to post some pics, I am new on this website and not 100% sure how everything works.

Well congrats on taking the first step. It's not easy-but we're all here for the same reason.

For starters, try and take everything with a grain of salt-most of us here are speaking from our own experiences and opinions will vary on a variety of topics including best surgeon and which procedure is best given the patient context.

For instance, being from NY I was adamant about finding a NY surgeon. After research, I decided the best option for me was a short flight away. I was also pretty fearful of a long scar, but became more comfortable with the idea over time and moved in that direction. Do your best to keep an open mind.

I would consult with as many doctors as possible before reaching any conclusions. You'll be thankful you did.

Do consult with Dr. Wesley, he's a great guy. Dr. Feller is also a fine choice but only for FUT. Other names you owe it to yourself to consult with out of the area but well worth your time- Hasson and Wong, Konior, Cooley, Shapiro, Rahal, Gabel.

In general, FUE is much more expensive in the states and only a few names on that list above should garner your attention. The European docs like Lorenzo, Feriduni, Bisanga, Ergodan are a good place to begin. There's other great names too I'm forgetting.

That list might overwhelm, but take your time with it. Happy to help you narrow it down further once we see some pics and better understand your goals.

Well congrats on taking the first step. It's not easy-but we're all here for the same reason.

For starters, try and take everything with a grain of salt-most of us here are speaking from our own experiences and opinions will vary on a variety of topics including best surgeon and which procedure is best given the patient context.

For instance, being from NY I was adamant about finding a NY surgeon. After research, I decided the best option for me was a short flight away. I was also pretty fearful of a long scar, but became more comfortable with the idea over time and moved in that direction. Do your best to keep an open mind.

I would consult with as many doctors as possible before reaching any conclusions. You'll be thankful you did.

Do consult with Dr. Wesley, he's a great guy. Dr. Feller is also a fine choice but only for FUT. Other names you owe it to yourself to consult with out of the area but well worth your time- Hasson and Wong, Konior, Cooley, Shapiro, Rahal, Gabel.

In general, FUE is much more expensive in the states and only a few names on that list above should garner your attention. The European docs like Lorenzo, Feriduni, Bisanga, Ergodan are a good place to begin. There's other great names too I'm forgetting.

That list might overwhelm, but take your time with it. Happy to help you narrow it down further once we see some pics and better understand your goals.

Thank you for your concern as well as your detailed response. This absolutely helps.

I do believe Hassan and Wong would be my top choice if money and distance were not an issue. Do you know if FUE is less expensive in Canada?

Also I have heard Dr. Feller is a great surgeon with FUE (one of the best). Maybe I was misinformed?

The reason FUE is so appealing to me is because of no linear scarring and also the ability to wear a short hair cut, which I do desire.

H+W are one of the best in the world at FUT unfortunately newer to FUE. Feller (and Bloxham) is not an option for FUE, a few quick searches on this forum will help you better understand that. A fine choice for FUT, though.

If you wear your hair short or intend to I agree FUE would be a better option. Consult with Wesley. If you are open to nearby travel I would also consult with Ron Shapiro and Konior. They are solid on both fronts and on conservative side. Rahal would be a strong option for you, as he performs both quite well (he's an FUT hairline master) but current exchange rate in Canada may make the price more palatable.

I'm sure others will chime in too. Europe is your best of quality and economics if FUE is your choice. Just a matter if you're willing to pay more to stay closer to home or travel a little. We're all hesitant to travel at first but we only get one head ; )

Wow Rahal's work looks fantastic. What I'm getting from you is that FUT may be the more safer, better, and cost effective choice.

I see Rahal is an expert with hairlines (which is important to me), to you know if he can pull of that famous "Rahal Harline" with and FUE procedure or is he more limited to FUT in that respect?

I will look into getting pictures for the site. Do you know if you can upload them via iPhone. Also how do i access my private messages on this site?

I don't want to sway you--hoping others will chime in. I really encourage consults over pictures. It's really important for you to determine what's most important. All I cared about was outcome. I'm slightly conservative tend to be more meticulous and favored FUT bc I don't wear my hair short. I was worried out of my mind about the scar but it turned out to be painless. That's just my feedback now 5 months post-op.

Each doctor brings a unique perspective. Personally, I prefer the FUE work of Konior then Shapiro of US doctors. Rahal is producing some fine results but not yet on par with his FUT. The same could be said for the others as well. Others might feel differently. I would start emailing all these guys and get some convos going. It's rigorous but well worth it. And don't rule out the Euro guys until after a phone or Skype call. The costs are MUCH better for FUE. For FUT you should stay in the states.

Magick hair I'm Wondering why you don't recommend Dr. Vories for FUE in the US? In my research his results look good and his prices aren't that high compared to other Docs? I had a transplant scheduled with him but had to postpone for business reasons but was wondering why you don't recommend him for FUE?