Just Starting Out

Marvin

Hey guys,

So I'm 22, and I just decided to start exploring the world of hair loss drugs. I'm been kind of slacking on this; for the last few years, I've generally had 1-2 friends who were losing their hair much faster than I was. I could tell myself "well, my hair might be falling out, but at least its not as bad as so-and-so". But recently, I moved, and have different friends now, so that excuse has gone away icon_wink.gif

I haven't bought any drugs yet. I found this site while I was researching the possible side effects of finasteride. The process of "shedding" sounds absolutely horrifying, but I understand that finasteride is the only thing that comes close to working, at least for some people.

My plan right now is to order finasteride/Propecia off the internet and start taking it at the normal dose, and seeing what happens. How important is it to supplement it with other things? One of my aforementioned friends used Rogaine religiously, and it did virtually nothing for him.

Hey guys,

So I'm 22, and I just decided to start exploring the world of hair loss drugs. I'm been kind of slacking on this; for the last few years, I've generally had 1-2 friends who were losing their hair much faster than I was. I could tell myself "well, my hair might be falling out, but at least its not as bad as so-and-so". But recently, I moved, and have different friends now, so that excuse has gone away icon_wink.gif

I haven't bought any drugs yet. I found this site while I was researching the possible side effects of finasteride. The process of "shedding" sounds absolutely horrifying, but I understand that finasteride is the only thing that comes close to working, at least for some people.

My plan right now is to order finasteride/Propecia off the internet and start taking it at the normal dose, and seeing what happens. How important is it to supplement it with other things? One of my aforementioned friends used Rogaine religiously, and it did virtually nothing for him.

i'm 24, been on propecia for a year and haven't had any sides...

my opinion (which i'm sure is shared widely) is that the internet blows things out of proportion. seriously don't worry about it, if you feel something wrong then stop em.

lots of people react differently to everything. rogaine may have done nothing for him, but for you it could be the saving grace...

as for ordering off the internet BE CAREFUL ... its way more advisable to just go to your doctor and get the rx for it (i got mine from my family doc)... its a bit pricier but its the peace of mind way to go

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

Propecia is effective, you won't need any supplements. And it's safe, too: if you don't think about side effects, you won't have any. Only 2-3% of Propecia users have sexual problems. I've been using finasteride for 10 years with good results and no side effects. Talk to your doctor before you decide to start this or any other treatment.

yeah minoxidil is a product mainly marketed as rogaine... i just use the generic kind since i personally feel its easier to get to the scalp than the foam fighting through hair... i put it on after the shower, damp hair, dries up well enough

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you