The Big 3, NEWB help

So I'm new to this forum and new to hairloss.... The top of my head is starting to thin, noticeable in high light, and/or being wet. Always had an extremely thick head of hair until the last year when it began to shed/thin. My temple area is fine, it's just the top that's sort of starting to thin. I'd like to get a jump on it before it's too late. I tried Nioxin a few months back and hated the serum spray, getting to work my hair would look wet and made it look worse. I also work-out daily and was worried whether that has any effect on hair loss?

So my question is, what's the best first step(s). Should I see a dermatologist ASAP and get the route cause nailed down?

I used to train excessive and felt it did affect my hair loss especially when my diet was not too good.

Best thing to do is see your doctor and have a blood test check iron etc levels.

Don't know your age but normally monoxidil and propecia is the next (asap) step.

Do your research and ask the reliable people never rush into hair transplant especially from sales people who offer everything with discount for early booking!

Yes, it is best to seek out the advice of a professional that has experience dealing with hair loss. There are a lot of factors to consider but most likely it is androgenic alopecia.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com