5,5 months POST OP is that "normal"?

Hey guys!

Im 5,5 months post op my hairtransplant with Dr. Koray.

Thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181245-4500-grafts-asmed.html

As everyone who did such a surgery i wanna see early results haha :).

The "problem" for me is:

I read and see most of the time guys that have a "full head of hair" after 6 months post OP.

And as i am at that point in around 2 weeks i think im not there.

My goals are realistic and my maingoal was density for the frontal third to midscalp and leaving the crown untouched (for now). With 4500 grafts, some native hair and 1300 grafts from a previous procedure with another doc (the grafts from this procedure grow nearly 100% but it was way to less coverage) i think i can "expect" some nice density.

So here is my question.

I had very early growth after the procedure.

Maybe 2 month after some hair just growed back.

But remember, most of them is hair from my first procedure for sure.

Right now, the result is not what i expected to be honest.

But i can see and feel many stubbles. Its hard to count them because they are so short and some just sprouted that this is not possible.

Is that "normal"..

Im 5,5 month post op and most hair should grow betweem month 3-4.

But i defenitely have the most growth right now.

I cant picture those hairs you will not see them on pics. But they are straight, already my brown hair color and very short.

Does that mean i have to wait even longer then 12 months before i say it was a succees or a fail?

From my first procedure i remember that all the hair were there after 6 month and nothing changed maybe matureing a bit but nothing dramatic.

Would be great to hear some experiences..

Its really drivinge me mad^^.

All the best

My mistake. I went from first page to the last. Pics are on 6&7.

Its still hard to assess because you don't have a pre-op pic with hair, so who knows where you really came from. That said, you've now entered the toughest phase, which is the waiting game. Hair transplant and hair growth in general is a very slow process. I would avoid the mirror if I were you. Guys often check on it constantly and in my opinion that hinders the ability to realize progress. Check on it once a week or once a month and take photos so you can compare. 2 months from now when you're comaring month 5 to 7-8 you'll be saying 'wow'

I looked at your original thread and my opinion is that it looks like it's going to turn out excellent. In another 4 month, I think you'll be beyond thrilled.

As far as the rest, no offense but I think you're a bit too obsessive. Relax, it will grow in. You just have to give it time and let nature take its' course.

The regrowth on subsequent procedures can go slower and usually do because of the compromised blood supply from the initial surgery.

So it's not unusual to experience slower regrowth and why it does in fact take 12-15 months post-op to really see the full matured result.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY