Dr Umar to be booked

MezHair

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum, I wasn't too sure where to post this but i'm sure it will be put in the right directon...

I'm from the UK, I dont really want to go too much into myself etc as I don't want anyone from my social circle finding out.

Basically I have thinning hair on the top, im 20, I'm guessing im going to need around 1000-1500 grafts... I suffer from supposedly scarring alopecia, my hair around the sides and back are very thick and its just the top of my hair which is thinning out (im not receeding as of yet).

I've been doing a bunch of research and have decided to go for FUE and Dr Umar... Reason being is I've seen some good posts about this guy and I don't want to go through the suffer of strip after the procedure (im not a very good patient!)

I thought i'd post this early so that you guys can keep a real good eye on things and see when ive done it etc so you all know things are legit because ive seen a whole load of liars on certain forums.

I'm going to book it within the next week and book it for as soon as possible... so within the next 2-3 weeks I hope.

Please let me know your feedback and anything you guys need from me to help you out on making the right choice for your procedure, thought i'd just be a helping hand seeing as ive been reading a ton of posts on this forums without making an actual post myself!

Thanks Guys

MezHair

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum, I wasn't too sure where to post this but i'm sure it will be put in the right directon...

I'm from the UK, I dont really want to go too much into myself etc as I don't want anyone from my social circle finding out.

Basically I have thinning hair on the top, im 20, I'm guessing im going to need around 1000-1500 grafts... I suffer from supposedly scarring alopecia, my hair around the sides and back are very thick and its just the top of my hair which is thinning out (im not receeding as of yet).

I've been doing a bunch of research and have decided to go for FUE and Dr Umar... Reason being is I've seen some good posts about this guy and I don't want to go through the suffer of strip after the procedure (im not a very good patient!)

I thought i'd post this early so that you guys can keep a real good eye on things and see when ive done it etc so you all know things are legit because ive seen a whole load of liars on certain forums.

I'm going to book it within the next week and book it for as soon as possible... so within the next 2-3 weeks I hope.

Please let me know your feedback and anything you guys need from me to help you out on making the right choice for your procedure, thought i'd just be a helping hand seeing as ive been reading a ton of posts on this forums without making an actual post myself!

Thanks Guys

MezHair

Only heard good things about Dr U, and i really doubt anyone from your social circle will be on here, and able to identify you! especially if none of them are balding

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Originally posted by Abedogg:

I booked with Umar for Feb 16th. I will post updates after the procedure.

The booking process has been 'ok,' so far.

His work, from what I've seen, is great and his prices for fue are reasonable.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Abedogg:

You seem somewhat disappointed by "the booking process"...can you please elaborate?

Thanks

Basically its been ok. I really have no specific complaints. It just seems like their patient consultant is maybe new. I had a lot of questions that she would have to get back to me on. And sometimes it would take days for an answer.

It could also be that I see people like Spex and Joetronic posting and they are super knowledgeable and I may have expected the same of their patient rep.

Also they only take cash or credit card - which kind of stinks bc the best rates are through cosmetic loans (ie carecredit or capital one cosmetics) and not credit cards. I would like to hold judgement until after the procedure. Dr. Umar has been good about getting back to me via email.

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

Abe- sorry to hear about your booking experience.

I am curious about your comment about Dr. Umar only taking cash or credit card--a loan to you would be cash to him so it shouldn't preclude you from using a loan. I would like to hear Dr. Umar's rationale on this. Again, a loan to you and then ultimately payment to the doc is the same as cash to him, so this really makes no sense to me. I only ask as I am a finance guy and when I hear things like this it baffles me.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Eman,

The booking experience has not been bad. I don't want people to think that it has been. Again, I would have liked the patient consultant to be better informed but it hasn't been bad at all. Dr. Umar has personally answered all of my questions.

Regarding the finances. You can definitely get a personal unsecured loan, receive the money and then give to Dr. Umar or any other surgeon. With excellent credit you will pay about 12%.

When you use CareCredit or CapitalOne Cosmetic loans they give the money directly to the surgeon. The surgeon pays some sort of fee monthly to these companies. In exchange, these companies give you a great rate. I qualified for 5%. So, Dr. Umar doesn't work with these companies. If you look at a website like Hasson and Wong's you will see that they work with a number of different cosmetic loan companies.

Anyway, I had to get a personal unsecured loan since I don't have 20k laying around. Not a big deal, but it adds up over the term of the loan.

Let me know if you have questions.

My date is coming soon and I'm getting excited/nervous.

Abe

My Hair Loss Website

Abedogg. You made a great choice in Doctors. Dr. Umar is the best. I would like to clarify something. Dr. Umar does not employ "patient consultants". Patient questions are answered only by Dr.Umar. As you acknowledged, he is good at answering emails. For the record, he also does not employ sales/marketing reps. Dr. Umar operates a one Doctor operation, and as such does a pretty incredible job of answering questions and handling consultations. The receptionists at his office only handle appointment schedules and other such matters.

Once again, you have chosen the best to do your FUE. Good choice.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

lolAtticus.....at least we always know how to bump up your post count if we want to.....

Mez, gl if you proceed! Likewise, Abe -- look forward to seeing your pics!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks Atticus and thanatopsis. The receptionist is also the patient consultant - or at least I'm pretty sure that she called herself a patient consultant at one point.

Again, Dr. Umar has been diligent in answering my questions via email but when I have called I usually speak to the receptionist and then she would talk to Umar and get back to me, sometimes slowly.

One thing I do find strange on these boards, and Thanatopsis points this out, is that there are regular posters for certain docs. Whether or not they are paid, I do think it lowers their cred a little.

Maybe once I get a great results I will be on the board posting in every umar post!!

Enjoy the weekend. With the procedure coming up in a week I will surely be on the boards nonstop.

Abe

My Hair Loss Website