Dr Beehner - Saratoga Hair Transp Center

NewHare

I finally had my procedure Fri Jan 8 with Dr Beehner at the Saratoga Hair Center. Dr Beehner and his staff are consummate professionals who immediately make you feel welcome and at ease.

I arrived early around 7 AM and was warmly greeted by one of the staff who offered coffee as we went over the paperwork. Shortly there after Dr Beehner arrived and we proceeded to the photo room where we discussed the days events and took pre-op photos. From there we went to the O.R. where vital signs were taken, the plan was further discussed and Dr Beehner drew in the areas to be worked on. The room was very clean, well maintained and appeared to be well stocked. The atmosphere light, friendly but always very professional.

At this point I was given several drugs to numb the area. I then laid in a prone position and Dr Beehner proceeded to remove the strip. The donor was sutured, strip dissected, recipient slits placed and Dr Beehner's team then took over and began the all important placement. The team were very careful and professional at all times. As I recall I believe two had twenty some years of experience, and another young lady had over a decade. The procedure took in total approx seven some hours. And at the end Dr Beehner came in to look over the work and personally placed the last fu's in the hairline himself.

My only disappointment came when the Dr notified me of the low graft count - 1528 grafts/ 3234 hairs - however this has nothing to do with the Dr and all to do with my multiple prior procedures. I would imagine my donor area was a veritable scared mine field. This was my main concern, and I wanted someone with the experience to be able to walk that field. I am in my late 50's and considered a repair patient. Having had multiple late 80's style plug work. Dr Beehner a) removed large unsightly plugs, dissected and replanted them b) softened the harsh hairline. c) redesigned and softened the temple points d) added overall density to the frontal third region. e) removed old donor scar(s).

I was offered a next day shampoo, which I took them up on. The young lady also inspected the entire transplant with magnifiers assuring me there were no escapees.

All things considered it was a very exciting and pleasant experience. However as the proof is in the results final judgement will have to be reserved as I begin the arduous waiting period.

I'll just add I tried my best to be as accurate as possible however with meds on board at the time my sequence of events my not be fully accurate. However I tried as best I could to convey my experience as I saw it....

Do your research, believe in your Dr and yourself and grow well !!