Apples prevent MPB?

Independent Studies in Japan have said to have found concrete evidence that apple polyphenols are 300% more effective than minoxidil when concentrated.

Just eating apples has also shown to slow down DHT.

This is somewhat old news but I hear very little about it. Probably since some big corporation couldn't profit off it.

However, I don't see the hurt in eating a apple a day. Since Apples are known as a miracle fruit. In fact the whole genome of the apple holds alot of beneficial properties we have yet to discover. Eating a apple a day to fight hair loss and Improve your health is a positive. Its a cheap investment and either way beneficial to you.

Chocolate contains polyphenols too. Does it help?

Thanks for the tip on the apples. I'll try to add them to my diet, even if it doesn't help my hair, it's good for me, too.

Not sure about chocolate. Maybe there is distinct forms polyphenols. All I know is they claimed is it was clincally proven in all the studies.

I'll try to find a article on this

Originally posted by Swimmy:

Not sure about chocolate. Maybe there is distinct forms polyphenols. All I know is they claimed is it was clincally proven in all the studies.

I'll try to find a article on this

Dark chocolate is the place to look for polyphenols, but it seems you should avoid taking milk or chocolate containing milk.

Still, maybe not the right polyphenols?

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00513344

Dark chocolate is one of the richest sources of polyphenols, for example, a standard 40g portion of dark chocolate contains 400-800 mg of polyphenols, compared to red wine (170 mg /100ml) or an apple (200 mg/piece). Cocoa polyphenols, most notably the catechins, can exist in both lipid and water-based environments (amphipathic), meaning they can spare both lipophilic and hydrophilic vitamins. There have been a number of human trials conducted using chocolate or cocoa and measuring various endpoints. Most have been conducted with dark chocolate. An article in Nature found that the bioavailability of epicatechin from milk chocolate was substantially reduced compared to dark, and even dark taken with a glass of milk (Serafini et al 2003). The hypothesis was that the milk proteins bind to polyphenols, making them unavailable. Subsequent studies have not been able to reproduce this, but none have been conducted using solid chocolate as the first study, all have been done using a drink matrix, which may completely alter the binding interactions of the polyphenols and protein. To this end, this study is designed to compare solid chocolates as a source of polyphenols for improving a risk biomarker for vascular disease.

Well if it's new research, it could be a while to actually reach the market with a properly developed and tested (and PATENTED) product that is manufacturable at a viable price.