Advice/suggestions on activities/sights while in India for 11 days (after HT)

BuzzLightyear

Hello all (especially those who've had an HT in India),

After researching and reading these forums for about 12 months I recently booked in for a HT procedure with Dr. Bhatti in Feb 16.

I'm hoping for some advice on how best to spend 11 days in India post-HT.

I'll be in Chandigarh 1 day before the procedure so I can attend the consultation and get everything squared away.

After the HT my plans are:

1. Day 1 - ??? Oh dear...11 days to go!
  2. ...
  3. Day 11 - Fly to New Delhi and leave India.

Ideas I've collected from excellent posts by previous DB patients (Jamesaus, sethticles, SHERA, techie, MJ0101 and others):

• Accomodation: Stay at AB's 17 (decent, clean and cheap).
  • LOCAL Attraction - By myself: Visit the Rock Gardens, Rose Gardens, Sukhna Lake. (I expect this to take 1-2 days total)
  • LOCAL Attraction - Assisted: Go sightseeing with one of the DB drivers/taxis? (I expect this to take 1 day)
  • DISTANT Attraction - By myself: Visit the Golden Temple. (Probably another 1 day?)
  • DISTANT Attraction - Assisted: ????

...Any suggestions for good/cheap tours?

...Are there any other local activities/night life/places to go that I should look into or make bookings for?

Because I'll be in India for so long, I'm considering checking into a 'nice' hotel (eg: pool, wifi, room service, good cable TV, etc.) for the first 3-4 days after the HT (particularly when I'm more inclined to stay indoors and take care of the grafts), and then checking into a cheaper hotel for the rest of the stay when I'll mostly be out sightseeing.

Any comments on this idea?

Is it safe to swim/bathe in a pool after a HT?

I'm not an avid traveler and therefore don't need (or want) to be too busy every single day nor traveling too far. I'm just looking for some interesting/exciting distractions (that will be safe post-HT) to break up the 11 days. :D

Finally...

After I leave India I'll be catching up with friends for about 2 week and I'm wondering if there's any real chance of 'hiding' the fact I've had an HT? I'm up for 3000-35000 grafts (I'm nearly NW 3 Vertex) and I'm thinking the answer is 'No!' :( (Will make for interesting conversation. :P)

Thanks in advance and thanks to all who've posted/shared experiences on here.

Buzz.

ps. I did try to find out as much as possible from the Darling Buds website/chat before asking here, but even though I've heard great things about their customer support/treatment, I didn't really feel like I was getting their full attention.

Edited by BuzzLightyear

After researching and reading these forums for about 12 months I recently booked in for a HT procedure with Dr. Bhatti in Feb 16.

I'll be in Chandigarh 1 day before the procedure so I can attend the consultation and get everything squared away.

2. ...

Ideas I've collected from excellent posts by previous DB patients (Jamesaus, sethticles, SHERA, techie, MJ0101 and others):

• LOCAL Attraction - By myself: Visit the Rock Gardens, Rose Gardens, Sukhna Lake. (I expect this to take 1-2 days total)
  • LOCAL Attraction - Assisted: Go sightseeing with one of the DB drivers/taxis? (I expect this to take 1 day)
  • DISTANT Attraction - By myself: Visit the Golden Temple. (Probably another 1 day?)

...Are there any other local activities/night life/places to go that I should look into or make bookings for?

Because I'll be in India for so long, I'm considering checking into a 'nice' hotel (eg: pool, wifi, room service, good cable TV, etc.) for the first 3-4 days after the HT (particularly when I'm more inclined to stay indoors and take care of the grafts), and then checking into a cheaper hotel for the rest of the stay when I'll mostly be out sightseeing.

I'm not an avid traveler and therefore don't need (or want) to be too busy every single day nor traveling too far. I'm just looking for some interesting/exciting distractions (that will be safe post-HT) to break up the 11 days. :D

Finally...

After I leave India I'll be catching up with friends for about 2 week and I'm wondering if there's any real chance of 'hiding' the fact I've had an HT? I'm up for 3000-35000 grafts (I'm nearly NW 3 Vertex) and I'm thinking the answer is 'No!' :( (Will make for interesting conversation. :P)

Buzz.

ps. I did try to find out as much as possible from the Darling Buds website/chat before asking here, but even though I've heard great things about their customer support/treatment, I didn't really feel like I was getting their full attention.

Hi Buzzlightyear,

I recommend that you add a visit to the Taj Mahal (located in Agra) to your itinerary. Taj Mahal is one the "must see once in your life time" kind of a place.

You can check out www.makemytrip.com to browse through the tourism packages that they offer and/or to get ideas of places to visit in India and the approximate pricing.

Sorry to know that you felt that you did not get our full attention. We are always ready to help in any way we can.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

2. ...

Finally...

Buzz.

Hi,

You could spend 2-3 days in Delhi on your return - lots of historically significant monuments here like Red Fort, Humayun Tomb, Akshardham, Lotus Temple etc. Lots of good street food in old Delhi if you are into that kind of thing.

cheers

Hi Buzzlightyear,

I recommend that you add a visit to the Taj Mahal (located in Agra) to your itinerary. Taj Mahal is one the "must see once in your life time" kind of a place.

You can check out www.makemytrip.com to browse through the tourism packages that they offer and/or to get ideas of places to visit in India and the approximate pricing.

Sorry to know that you felt that you did not get our full attention. We are always ready to help in any way we can.

Best regards,

California

No stress. It might have just been one of those days with staff being busy/tired. :)

Thanks California. :) I'll look into it.

Should I be planning these trips (online) now or is it better to wait till I'm in India (and possibly get better deals/info on trusted trips)? There seem to be so many different opinions on which tour is great and which sucks :rolleyes: lol.

I have no problem paying for a great tour that is also 'HT friendly' (i.e.: won't compromise the HT healing) rather than roughing it and delaying the healing or having to get grafts reinserted :eek:.

Hi,

You could spend 2-3 days in Delhi on your return - lots of historically significant monuments here like Red Fort, Humayun Tomb, Akshardham, Lotus Temple etc. Lots of good street food in old Delhi if you are into that kind of thing.

cheers

Hi Alex (Happy new year),

Sorry, I completely missed your post.

Cheers. Yes, I'm thinking of going on something like this:

Golden Triangle Tour with Romance and Heroism by GeTS Holidays - TourRadar (7 day* tour) to fill in the remaining time. :)

*I'll be leaving the tour 2 days early to make my return flight. Seems I don't actually miss out on anything as the last 2 days are just padding to make more money for the operators. Here's the final days' itinerary: 'leisurely breakfast, time to yourself, overnight stay in hotel'. Pfft, no thanks!