Aloe Vera Liquid vs Gel

While looking for Aloe Vera Gel for my upcoming procedure I noticed right next to it was a liquid version ( a dietary supplement, 'Aloe Vera Juice' ) I looked at the labels and both were 99% organic Aloe inner fillet juice at 58ml for a 2 oz serving size. The only difference was the gel had a thickener added to the juice.

Certified organic aloe vera juice (99.7%). Less than 1% of the following natural, food grade sources: citric acid (oxidation inhibitor), potassium sorbate (mold inhibitor).

http://www.lilyofthedesert.com/product/preservative-free-juices/

I know most here say to use the gel. Is the gel better post op for any reason ? Has anyone used the juice version instead of the gel ? I thought the juice version might be easier and cleaner to just spray on and later rinse off instead of dealing with the gel.

Also how long after the procedure can you apply the aloe ? Can it be applied right after, or is it better to wait a few days ?

One other thing, will the Citric Acid pose a problem post op ?

Thanks...

Have not seen the liquid form but it never hurts to try it. I don't think the citrus acid would pose a problem as long as it is natural and not a chemical.

I would recommend waiting for the crusts to formate before suing either product post-op. In other words, allow time for the recipient sites to heal before applying.

If you do elect to use the liquid from, please let us know how it worked for you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks Gil, I'll get back to the group with my findings. I think this may be a better way to go in that I was concerned with the mess of a gel. Especially in public. The liquid appears to have the same amount of aloe and can be misted on throughout the day.