High Neckline, Scalp Elasticity & FUT

Having had both FUT and FUE I would personally think going FUT for your first surgery would be the way to go. I believe you have more options open to you then, I maxd out on FUT and then done the same with FUE. looking at your pics I had very similer loss to you.

Yeah, I'm starting to get over my fear of potentially drawing a bad card with the linear scar. I'm thinking FUT then FUE later on.

Thanks for your input.

J,

Looks like genetics may be on your side when it comes to holding on to those high lateral humps. Definitely a big plus for you. These really do make a difference as far as graft numbers are concerned.

Still a little confused on the neck hairline. Do you mean the hairline at the nape of the neck, or the "hairline" at the top of the safe donor area (or bottom of the crown -- depending on how you look at it)?

Here's a picture that may help:

2w5iw6c.jpg

Are you referring to 1) or 2)? Either way, it shouldn't really affect the transplant too much.

And yeah, I think FUT first would be your best option.

Again, good luck!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

J,

Looks like genetics may be on your side when it comes to holding on to those high lateral humps. Definitely a big plus for you. These really do make a difference as far as graft numbers are concerned.

Still a little confused on the neck hairline. Do you mean the hairline at the nape of the neck, or the "hairline" at the top of the safe donor area (or bottom of the crown -- depending on how you look at it)?

Here's a picture that may help:

2w5iw6c.jpg

Are you referring to 1) or 2)? Either way, it shouldn't really affect the transplant too much.

And yeah, I think FUT first would be your best option.

Again, good luck!

I am referring to #2, the nape. I don't know too much anatomical terminology. Thank you for teaching me something.