Question about propecia and minoxidil shed

Hi guys,

I have been using propecia(0.5mg mon/wed/fri) and minox once a day from last 2 and 1/2 months. I lost some hair during the shedding and now it steadied a bit.

I read in some forum that it regrew the hair for some and for some no regrowth just accelerated their balding. So did any one had this experience with the fin and minox ?

• 2 weeks later...

Generally speaking, the shedding induced with the "initial" use of both finasteride and/or minoxidil can be a good sign that your hair follicles are responding to the medications. A fair number of guys experience the same thing.

The shedding is usually a confirmation that a fair amount of the hair follicles have moved into the dormant resting period. They will rest for approximately 3-4 months and then enter the next growth phase. So although it will take some patience, the hair will come back and sometimes there is also some new growth especially with the use of minoxidil.

I assume that you are using these medications under the advice and supervision of your doctor and suggest that you provide this feedback to them.

Hopefully after the next growth cycle you will also experience some stabilization of your hair loss...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY