On Propecia and still shedding...is it working?

Ankur FAN1

What's up y'all?

I've been on Propecia now for 2 months. Before I went on the medication, my hair would fall out when I ran my fingers through my hair. When I washed my hair, I'd find many hairs clinging to my fingers. After 2 months on the medicine I'm still having this problem. Shouldn't the shedding have stopped by now? I'm a little concerned that the medicine may not be working. My hair loss isn't extensive. A little thinning at the crown (barely noticable) and recession in the front. I'm concerned because i'm fairly young (22). My friends who have a complete set of hair have not experienced any shedding. Thanks for you help everyone!

What's up y'all?

I've been on Propecia now for 2 months. Before I went on the medication, my hair would fall out when I ran my fingers through my hair. When I washed my hair, I'd find many hairs clinging to my fingers. After 2 months on the medicine I'm still having this problem. Shouldn't the shedding have stopped by now? I'm a little concerned that the medicine may not be working. My hair loss isn't extensive. A little thinning at the crown (barely noticable) and recession in the front. I'm concerned because i'm fairly young (22). My friends who have a complete set of hair have not experienced any shedding. Thanks for you help everyone!

About one out of every five guys will not respond to Propecia. There's a chance you may be a non-responder.

However, I would give Propecia at least 6 months minimum, and as much as a year or year-and-a-half to judge the results. This is a long term treatment, and you need to take a long-term view.

Also, remember it is normal to lose some hairs every day, and this happens even for the guys who don't have male pattern baldness.