Dermabrasion 2 months after HT ?? (Nioxin)

Hi all,

I've had 2 transpant now, one well over 18 months ago, and I had a very small tweak 2 months ago (400 single hairs to the hairline) very good growth overall, and just waiting for the finer baby hairs to come in.

I'm looking to use Nioxin scalp renew dermabrasion at home, to remove as much dead skin from my scalp as possible. I have a small amount of seborrheic derm / dandruff which I treat with Nizoral once a week, which mainly flares up in the frontal third where the transplanted hair is, although I have always had this problem since very young.

Could dermabrasion damage the newly transplanted hairs considering they are only 8 weeks post?

Thanks in advance

If it were me, I would give it more time until you see more regrowth occur.

Using any dermabrasion product this early could potentially agitate the recipient area and be counter-productive.

Yet since you do have a scalp condition, I would also seek the advice of your dermatologist and/or your HT surgeon for their opinion before using this product.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY