My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me...

For some reason... I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me. I am about a week short of 4 months post and sometimes I think I see a substantial amount of regrowth. Other times I think I look about the same as I did pre-op.

I know it is good to take photos... but because of the nature of my loss (mostly hairline / temples), it is very difficult to tell with pictures. Especially now that I have a lot of native hair in the recipient area.

With the right light... i think I see a lot of tiny vellus hairs. Kinda like the normal vullus skin hair, but a little bit longer. Other times I don't think I see much at all.

Under harsh light, the temples look quite thin.

Anyone else experience this? Is it normal?

Haha bro :)

Everyones mind is crazy at this timepoint.

Im 1 week behind you in the waiting game ;).

I think month 5 will be much better for us.

And yes, i know what youre talking about.

But the most of my new growth is 1-3mm short but not vellus hairs. Its thick terminal hair and i imagine when its around 1cm it will make a HUGE difference.

All the best to you.

Just 1-2 months and you will be in a better shape hopefully :).

Born,

Sounds very normal. 4 months is right around the time you may start seeing visible new growth. The hair shafts will be much more thin and transparent ("vellus-like," as you described above), and may look thicker or more noticeable under certain light conditions because of this. So altogether, it sounds like you're right on track.

Good luck. Keep us updated on you progress.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

You may have also experienced some level of shock loss and why it seems that although there is some manifestation of growth from the grafts, there does not seem to be much of a visual gain.

After 12 months from the date of your procedure, you should see a remarkable difference!

Congrats on your recent procedure....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

For some reason... I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me. ...sometimes I think I see a substantial amount of regrowth. Other times I think I look about the same as I did pre-op. ...

Born, my mind plays the same trick on me every time I touch my hair, look at my hair - so yeah - everyday. :confused:

Dr. BB - thanks for the affirmation - again - to all of us impatient patients. :D