just had my second ht with dhi.. some advice

hi guys.. its been a year after my last post here... i was hoping to log on and find miracle hair regrowth serums etc have been discovered in my absence but no icon_frown.gif

anyway year in a half ago i got 2200 hairs grafted by dhi ireland with poor results... a few days ago they gave me 1200 in order to repair the first job .. i cant comment for sure yet but i think my hair line is crocked .. i said it to the surgeon but he said wait till the swelling and redness is down a bit and if its off they will fix it... fair enough i suppose?

dhi irelan have been very helpful in making sure im happy with my finished result i have to say

my questions are 1. the 1200 hairs that were newly implanted, can they cause shock loss or permanent shockloss the the old implanted hairs?

2. im starting proscar for the first time tomorrow,, is this ok so soon after a ht?

3. got ht on monday,, banged my head on the recipient area today (wednesday) .. nothing to hard and i was also wearing a hat.. didnt visible cause any disturbance.. should i be worried?

thanx in advance for answers dudes!

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

hi guys.. its been a year after my last post here... i was hoping to log on and find miracle hair regrowth serums etc have been discovered in my absence but no icon_frown.gif

anyway year in a half ago i got 2200 hairs grafted by dhi ireland with poor results... a few days ago they gave me 1200 in order to repair the first job .. i cant comment for sure yet but i think my hair line is crocked .. i said it to the surgeon but he said wait till the swelling and redness is down a bit and if its off they will fix it... fair enough i suppose?

dhi irelan have been very helpful in making sure im happy with my finished result i have to say

my questions are 1. the 1200 hairs that were newly implanted, can they cause shock loss or permanent shockloss the the old implanted hairs?

2. im starting proscar for the first time tomorrow,, is this ok so soon after a ht?

3. got ht on monday,, banged my head on the recipient area today (wednesday) .. nothing to hard and i was also wearing a hat.. didnt visible cause any disturbance.. should i be worried?

thanx in advance for answers dudes!

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Welcome back!

Is it 1200 hairs? Or 1200 grafts? Not the same thing.

To answer your questions, I'll do my best...

1. They can cause shock loss, but will probably come back...3-4 months.

2.Never to soon to start pro-scar...you should have been on it before you even had your first HT. Remember to cut the pill in 4, take 1/4 pill each day, (1.25 mg). A whole proscar is 5mg...to much for hair loss.

3. If you didn't see any blood, chances are there is nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery....

its 1200 hairs... i presume so as dhi always deal in hairs and not graphs...

should the proscar not be broken into 5?

ive been on rogaine for couple years.. deffo stopped my hair from falling out.. fact!

hasnt grown any.. hoping proscar will help more icon_biggrin.gif

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

1200 hairs is about 530 grafts,(2.2 hairs average per graft), I don't think that is enough to make much of a cosmetic difference..IMHO..If you can cut it in 5, sure, but 4 will be just fine, (.25mg+- won't make a huge differnce). Pro-scar,(finasterde), doesn't really regrow much hair, it stops or slows down hair loss, I've never used Minox. so I can't really comment on it, but it is beleived to reverse miniturised hairs, to terminal hairs, increse shaft diameter, and "possibly" grow some hair,(on the crown area)...The only problem is that it can cause severe shedding for the first couple of months, and some of those hairs might not come back...If you stop minox, you can lose any benifits gained, quite quickly...hair becomes minox dependant...at least this is my understanding...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...