3000 FUE pre-op

donniedarko

Hi everyone,

I'm a 32 year-old male who started noticing a receding hairline around twenty-one. I've been lurking on the board for a while and finally made the jump last month with an initial consultancy appointment at a clinic** in London.

I was pleased overall with the clinic. The staff came across professional (though I will admit being somewhat worried at first after reading some of the negative reviews I found on google).

I'm booked in for a "Mega" session this coming Saturday for 3,000 hairs to reconstruct my hairline and A zone.

I've been told I have a "great" donor area which is able to [hopefully] donate hairs for up to 4 sessions in my lifetime. I've attached a before-photo which I took on my mobile yesterday... I'll use this thread to report progress for those interested.

all the best

** My first post was held for moderation as I was told it contained "trigger phrases". I have since been informed I can not reference the name of the clinic, though I am free to post about my upcoming appointment and following surgery in "general terms". Yes, it does slightly concern me about the quality of the unmentioned clinic's service but I've paid now. The best I can do is continue to post here about the experience and post-op results.

IMG_0603.jpg.14146e6f55ac2d2ab6a56747095e5bc8.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg.c91e3e107c21af71d3dc4b64689f15c4.jpg

IMG_9852.jpg.5eac5170a9ce99a2bb9a45365ca5249c.jpg

I was pleased overall with the clinic. The staff came across professional (though I will admit being somewhat worried at first after reading some of the negative reviews I found on google).

Out of interest, why did you proceed with this clinic, after reading negative reviews?:confused:

Hopefully, it will work out for you and you'll get a good result.

In truth you can find negative reviews about most clinics if you search hard enough. What's worse is there is always conflicting opinions i.e. for every few negative you can find one positive – by the end you can never tell what's true and what isn't.

Because of that, I went to the clinic and had a consultancy to see how I felt about them for myself and like I said, they seemed professional so I went for it.

I was for more concerned finding out yesterday that they appear to have censored this forum and similar from discussing their service. I have reached out to the clinic to ask why they have done this and expect to hear back tomorrow.

Lastly, the clinic is in London where I work and truth be told with my work schedule and general attitude to the procedure I wanted a local clinic.

I want to be able to continue to post my experiences and post-op pictures so I think it's better if I don't discuss the clinic further, even in general terms, alas I fall foul of the forum policies which I don't want to do.

Many thanks

donnie,

I would forfeit the deposit and hold off on getting surgery. Frankly, it sounds like you maybe haven't done the proper research to assure you are going to receive the best HT you can get (you are likely having 3000 grafts, not hairs, FYI). First rule of HT is not to let geography dictate your choice of clinic. Secondly, you should have consultations with a few QUALIFIED HT docs that have stellar reputations, like the ones approved by this web site. Sure, even these docs will have a few bad reviews, but overall you will find countless amazing reviews and examples of their work.

Regarding your specific area, from my recollection the best clinic for a HT in the UK is Farjo. There may be others, but I'm not sure.

You do appear to have an abundance of donor. That's great! Just be prudent with it and don't waste it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree - do not have your Hair Transplant done there. You will seriously get a poor result and 25% at least grafts wasted.

You would end up getting a repair job done at a later date to fix it !

I have never ever seen one single decent result from that clinic. Just complaints lots of complaints.

Forfeit your deposit. Seriously. This could be a huge, huge mistake. The fact that you can't name the clinic means they're not recommended here, and especially with FUE, you could (are likely to?) have an awful result. You obviously don't understand how difficult proper hair transplantation is or how surgeon-dependent the procedure is. You're treating clinics as basically interchangeable, and there's a great likelihood that you'll pay for it with a procedure that is disappointing, needs to be revised, and/or wastes a huge number of grafts.

Throw the deposit away and you'll thank us later. If you play hardball with them, you might even get it back. Fake a sob story. Be creative.

I have cancelled the appointment and the clinic kindly gave me a full refund (I would like to add, the clinic has been very professional from the beginning and if it hadn't been for not being allowed to reference their name on this forum, the surgery would have proceeded).

I'm going to arrange a consultation with the Farjo Hair Institute, assuming that's the "Farjo" I see mentioned around this forum, as it seems to be spoken highly of. I'm keen to still have the FUE done in the UK.

Thank you all for your advice.

donniedarko - I was glad to see you cancelled your appointment. I am nowhere near as informed as many of the members on the forum, but I now know enough to understand the importance of a credible facility. My procedure was a third of your grafts and I am still concerned about my results . Nothing is guaranteed but having a firm degree of confidence in the reputation, skill and experience of your surgeon is paramount. The anticipation with post op, waiting is agonizing enough without the added uncertainty of if the facility/surgeon was a good choice.

I had my procedure prior to discovering HRN and I wish I had discovered it pre op, rather than post op. You were a lot wiser than I by finding the forum and it appears you are even wiser by heeding members advice.

3000 grafts is a significant number of grafts accompanied with a significant amount of money, neither of which any of us have any over abundance of, no matter our financial situation, so getting the best use from both should be the objective.

Best of luck to you on your future HT.