Hairloss questions

Hi,

I'm a 25 year old male. I noticed around 4 years ago or so my hairline beginning to recede. I always had a very high hairline, even as a child, but the hair began to take on the classic "U" shape of hairloss and I was noticing more and more hair in the drain of my tub....In April I started on Finastride 1mg. While I noticed a marked decrease in my body hair (I'm incredibly hairy), I still have a lot of shedding (When cleaning the drain, I'll have a clump full of hair - almost a handful - from one shower, although this could be because I have wavy hair). I did however notice some temple growth (my temples were almost gone before I started):

My questions are:

1) Based on my pix, what NW stage am I at?

2) Will the shedding eventually stop/will the Finastride cease the balding and perhaps even allow for some regrow?

First pic is me at 16 for reference (to illustrate I've always had a high hairline):

555716_275913185826293_1748162855_n.jpg?oh=9f6e8ca21f58c8c2dc812d49c47926d7&oe=56B7D5B6

These were taken today:

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

I would say you are almost NW II. I think in the last 4 years not too much changed and you still have a lot of time fighting the hair loss. Good that you took Fin. One of the only solutions that really help. I would still take it longer but I am not s sure if there will be some significant regrowth because you also did not lose much hair so far. You can be very happy if your hairline stays like that for the next 2-4 years which is possible in my opinion.

You are responding to the medication as a Norwood 2. The thinner hairs may thicken in the hairline but keep the photos to hopefully prove even more results in the next 6 months.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

It looks to me like you just have a higher/mature hairline. You still have quite a bit of density at the hairline itself - the line has just gotten higher as you've matured which is normal.

NW2 seems right. Look at my picture as a reference of a NW3. Not only was my hairline receding and getting higher, but the density at the hairline was very sparse and thin. It doesn't look like that's what yours is doing. The fact that you've always had a high hairline supports this as well.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hello everyone,

Hair loss has been a problem for me since last 2-3 years. Every time I comb my hair at list 30-40 hair come to my hand. I am 23 years old now.

The main causes of hair loss-

• Surgery

• General anaesthesia

• Change in medication

• High fever

• Flu

Diet can play a role, too. These are main reasons for hair loss problem.

LookingforHelpWithThis. Are you more concerned about the temporal regions or the frontal hairline?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians