Is your scar visible when wet?

Like most of you have seen, I shaved my head down to a #3 at two months and you cannot really see the scar. But when I get out of the shower, the scar is clearly visible.

My question: At what point is the scar not visible after getting out of the shower, the pool, the ocean, etc., when cutting your hair down to a low clip number?? Or will the scar be visible always when the scalp is wet if you shave it down like I did?

Personal experiences would be great.

Thanks all!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Eman,

At your early stage, your scar is probably more noticeable since it's probably somewhat red or at least pink. Wet hair (especially if it's thinner or blond) may allow it to show through more prominently.

After the scar matures somewhat, you will have to determine at what length you can cut the sides and back of your hair to conceal the scar. Hair density, hair characteristics, hair color, the width of the scar, and sometimes the direction of the hair follicles growing through the trichophytic closure will impact how short you can trim it without evidence something is different.

Best wishes,

Bill

Well Bill, I think it is time you took a vacation in the sun and surf!! You deserve it!

I figure that in time the scar will not be visible. The reason I ask is I am looking to head to the Caribbean and want to be able to swim and sweat without the scar being visible. With dry hair the scar seems to be fine now, just curious when it is the same with wet hair.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Eman about the "scar",

Like you, I am also a patient of Dr.Rahal, so I think my experience can help you.

For myself, it took the "scar" not to be noticeable about 4 months. I found around 2 months I was in decent shape..

I have always shaved my hair down on the sides/back with a number one or 2 clipper and my surgery has not taken this option from me.

My "scar" now that I am well past the 12 month post-op is unnoticeable and I shave my sides/back right down to a number one on a clipper...

My hair stylist at the shop has a difficult time finding my "scar" and she brings up the topic because of past work she has seen...

I also feel very fortunate that I have no pain/numbness at all in the donor area..

I cannot stress how PLEASED I am about the outcome of my "scar"..

I am sure you will recieve similar results!!

I had it done on Wednesday, and you can't see my scar with relatively wet hair. It all depends on how long you have your hair I reckon.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...-page.asp?WebID=1021

800+- Bosley NY, June 2005

1300+- Dr. Feller, December 2008

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1021

We should be on here to help and look out for each other, not to make someone feel worse about their situation.

Originally posted by Eman:

Mp96- THANKS for the post!! You made my weekend. It is great to hear from someone who is that far out from having the procedure and also a Rahal patient. Like you at 2-months the scar is in decent shape and looking forward to the 4+ month mark.

Eman,

No problem! I'm glad I could help!!

Heal well and good luck!!