Thinking about HT, and if PRP works

So im thinking about having a HT. I just turned 30 and its starting to get pretty bad, I have a decent amount saved up but was thinking that i would still like to go somewhere like thailand as I hear they are good but not as expensive. I guess ideally i would like an affordable FUE but at the same time if its good FRP wouldnt matter, im just worried about scarring and to be honest i'm embarrassed by the idea of people noticing ive had a hair transplant. Has anyone had experiences like that.. i guess that social anxiety.

Can any of you recommend any good places to see? I live in brisbane, australia

Also i was reading into prp and wondering does anyone know if this works very well?

thanks

Welcome!

We do not currently recommend any hair transplant surgeons in Australia. Many Australian members head to Asia and some even go as far as Europe and N. America.

You can use our interactive map to locate recommended hair transplant surgeons worldwide.

Opinions vary regarding PRP. Personally, I've not seen enough documentation to warrant the expense.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hair transplants by a clinic with a proven track record almost always work and work well. The trouble is doing your research and not buying a slick advertisement or persistent salesperson who is not doing your case but who is getting a commission!

And PRP probably does help with HT success, I'm biased to PRFM as shown in this video simply because I'm certain PRFM sticks around in the wound field longer than just platelets.

We've now had 6 guys fly over from down under, do your research and if ultimately you want to come visit, great....but do your research!

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You've come to the right spot to start researching and find top notch, quality surgeons. Use this forum and the list of recommended docs as your starting point. Keep asking questions, looking at results, and start formulating a game plan.

Best of luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56