Crown Thinning after 2 Months on Propecia

rockrockrock

Hey everyone,

Calling out to long time posters - I'm on 2nd month of Proscar, my Crown was very very health before taking Proscar, no thinning at all, now after 2 months on Proscar and some shedding in month 1, hair loss has started in the crown.

Basically Proscar seems to have onset thinning of a very strong crown.

Has anyone heard of this before? any docs?

Yes it is called shedding and happens at times of starting the medications it can be a good thing in that Propecia is having an effect and you may getting some improvements but it will take 6 months to see that. Spex posted an informative video on a thread in the question and answers section.

I take it you had thinning elsewhere in your scalp as you said the crown had not thinned. Did you take some photos before you started the Propecia? take regular monthly photos from now to monitor your crown it is not easy trying to assess it by looking in the mirror.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Ditto what Garageland said. The meds can cause some initial shedding. Also, the crown is the area where the meds tend to be MOST effective, so it would be highly, highly unusual to see actual, permanent thinning AFTER getting on finasteride. Just ride it out and you'll be glad you did. Good luck!