Options for severe limited donor

Smoothy

There are many men with severe limited donor hair that do not think they are a candidate for HT. I want to recommend what a gentleman I know has done, and it is working great for him. He was NW6-7, and due to his limited donor supply, he focused on just creating a natural hairline and transition zone. He used one of the highly recommended surgeons on this site. I think he had somewhere around 2K FU's but the doctor said he probably couldnt have any more HT and used up his donor supply. He waited about 12 months for his HT to come in -- and it looked real good and natural at the hairline. He then had to deal with this HUGE bald area on the top and crown-- I mean HUGE. He first thought of growing his hair long to comb back but his bald area was way to large to cover up. So for his top, he went to the HairClub for men and got a system just for his crown. For him, it looks amazing. His HT hairline is 100% natural and you can not tell he has a system on his crown (most systems are detectable at the hairline and temple areas).

Just wanted to pass this along as on option for those severe patients-- that a combo option might solve their problems.

There are many men with severe limited donor hair that do not think they are a candidate for HT. I want to recommend what a gentleman I know has done, and it is working great for him. He was NW6-7, and due to his limited donor supply, he focused on just creating a natural hairline and transition zone. He used one of the highly recommended surgeons on this site. I think he had somewhere around 2K FU's but the doctor said he probably couldnt have any more HT and used up his donor supply. He waited about 12 months for his HT to come in -- and it looked real good and natural at the hairline. He then had to deal with this HUGE bald area on the top and crown-- I mean HUGE. He first thought of growing his hair long to comb back but his bald area was way to large to cover up. So for his top, he went to the HairClub for men and got a system just for his crown. For him, it looks amazing. His HT hairline is 100% natural and you can not tell he has a system on his crown (most systems are detectable at the hairline and temple areas).

Just wanted to pass this along as on option for those severe patients-- that a combo option might solve their problems.

Smoothy,

Some will argue that the point of getting a hair transplant procedure done is so one will not have to wear a hair system.

On the other hand, in cases such as a NW 6 or 7 (or even a 5), I completely agree that this is a viable option. The one "weak link" of hair systems is the hairline, in my opinion. Though many can look really good, I think that the detection of one is most easily acieved by this crucial area.

Another point to make is that I have seen many naturally balding men have a fair amount of hair in their hairline only to have their MPB attack the crown. With this in mind, a person could even get the hairline done to frame the face and leave the crown utouched. This can make for a very mature, distinguished look that many mature gentlemen can pull off with aces.

I know that hair systems are not usually popular on these forums for obvious reasons, but for some gentlemen they can be a true blessing. For more information on hair systems go here.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Robert,

I agree 100% with your comments, and yes in rare cases the combo of the 2 can have great results. I myself would just leave the crown bald if I didnt have donor as long as my HT hairline looked natural. (the Ted Danson look after he removed his piece from his crown)