Beard to head transplant

dsd

I had a transplant about 7 weeks ago and about 800 hairs were taken from my beard and transplanted on my crown and about 2800 transplant on my hairline.

Just wondering would the growth rate differ from the transplanted hairline and also would there be a difference in growth rate thereafter after 18months etc when I have my normal haircuts?

• Administrators

Yes the growth rate is different, typically the beard grows faster than the scalp, the telogen (rest) and anagen (growth) phase is different, I've heard some doctors say the characteristics change once transplanted to the scalp, but I don't believe that to be true.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

New hair growth will only break through the skin at three to four months after the procedure. However, it will take at least six to eight months for the new hair to make any significant cosmetic difference to your appearance.

Although a full result may take as long as 18 months to be achieved, most will attain this at 12 to 14 months. Sometimes, a result may take longer to show when working with scars or filling in a previously transplanted area.

It usually take the first post op review around 8 months, and explain that this is phase 1, and review again for a near full result at 1 year. There are many factors that can make the growth come sooner or much later, and patience is extremely important!