Advise on Hair Transplant

Hair transplant has been on my mind for the last 5 years. However I had some reservations on the procedure which kept me from taking the plunge. Having looked at such good success stories on this forum and other people around me I have decided to take the plunge.

I have consulted a couple of surgeons who have recommended the HT but with very different amounts of grafts. One recommends 2600 and other recommends 4500. The later claims high density packing and is based in Turkey.

My current state is NW 3-4, since the last 5 years, as the hair loss has been very stable. I have receded hairline however, the crown and almost half of the mid section is intact with good density. I have never taken any medication for hair loss. Just recently started the application of Nutirgrow Herbal Formula recently for an attempt to reactivate some of the dormant follicles that you may notice in the picture

I am requesting the forum to provide some suggestions on the hair transplant especially the no of grafts that I should consider.

Thanks

Ali

20150909_180431.jpg.3f7246a88914018ab03fb01bb83c9ec2.jpg

20150909_180445.jpg.9bf966c1337c086182c7623640090a40.jpg

20150909_180426.jpg.dcdc1d65cd84a0e87556880f28715ec1.jpg

To be honest the herbal supplement will likely do nothing for your hairloss, propecia is the best drug you can take, it works.

3k grafts plus i'd say, but your hair thickness and quality of donor, as well as your likely end point in terms of hair loss (what NW you end up) are all important, espeically if you want a HT but won't take propecia, as any doctor worth his salt will take in to consideration your future loss and plan accordingly.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Don't bother with any supplements they are useless for the most part and a drain on money. Only propecia / finasteride and minoxidil are of any real potency , and both are questionable efficacy when it comes to hairline and frontal third of the scalp.

You are actually a good candidate for a transplant given your hair shaft thickness , atleast from what I can see in the pictures .

Probably need 2000-2500 grafts but again, you will get the best advice from a recommended surgeon , many of which do phone and Skype consultations. Pick someone who is skilled with hairlines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...