the grey hair phenomena post ht

Of my 5 HT procedures.......during 2 of them i had severe temporary shockloss at the recipient area allied with temporary bald patches in the donor area.

On top of this there was severe and sudden graying/whitening of hair on the sides of my head.im currently experiencing this on my latest HT.im hoping its temporary again this time.

Last time it happened i was 34 and had very very little to no grey hair prior.

Post op the hair went v grey on sides but when i would tweeze it out id see the hair black at the front,silver in the middle,and the root coming out black again...indicating the ht op and 3 or 4 week post op period of head trauma had turned it grey.

And so it is again this time im seeing same pattern

Only now at age 38 im hoping it isnt permanent this time

Anyone else get this?

I have heard of this occurring with several guys over the years and an interesting phenomenon. I also believe that it is related to the stress and trauma induced on the scalp with either a temporary or in some cases, a permanent loss of pigmentation to the hair shafts.

And it's not surprising to see it happen on the sides of the scalp or with some guys their sideburns because that's the areas that typically grey first even without surgery involved.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY