4 weeks post op

Hi everyone. I had my 1500 fue procedure done on August 27.

With the exception of some itchiness, I am healing nicely and all scabs are gone. I do have a few questions, however.

1) When can I shower under the shower head? I'm still using the cup method.

2) When can I go back to Head and Shoulders or another more regular shampoo? I'm still using baby shampoo.

3) When can I take clippers AND/OR a buzzer to my hair? (I actually want to because the hair that they left long has now grown to be completely disproportionate to all the hair that was shaved down, so it's been getting awkward to manage. I rather just buzz it all down to the same level and let it all grow from there.)

4) If I can't yet buzz or cut it, can I at least use hair gel to tame it? Or is it still too early for styling gel/product?

5) When can I work out intensively and get a good sweat going again?

Thanks!

There's loads of different answers to most of your questions from what I've read I can try answer some of them,

1) apparently after 9 days the grafts are lodged and you can wash as normal like you did before the transplant without damaging them so at 1 month post op you should be fine, I'd still be abit gentle but maybe I'd just be abit more sensitive regardless if I'm told it shouldn't damage them as a lot of money has been spent to get them there

2) again at 1 month you should be able to go back to your regime of shampoos you used prior to your hair transplant

3) the clippers one is still a question mark as I've heard some doctors say after 2 week and some say 6 month so on this one my advice would be use clippers on donor and rest of scalp but get the recipient area cut with scissors just to be on the safe side of things for now

4 + 5) again I'm pretty sure at 1 month you should be fine but in regards to working out I'd take it easy if you was to do so I.e don't be lifting heavy weights and/or over doing excercises

Hope this info helps again it's just answers I've read while reading these forums I'm no expert

Good luck with growth and if you could post pics that would be great my hair transplant is in October and I'd like to see what I'm in for haha cheers

Because you had a FUE and not FUHT (strip) procedure, working out is not an issue.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY