6 months post procedure - What to expect?

Hello everybody. This question I have is for all the HT veterans out there.

I am 6 months post-op from a 1500 graft fue session and very pleased with my results thus far. Very pleased.

My question is, what should i expect from here on out? Alot more growth? Just some thickening?

Thanks for your experiences at this stage of growth guys.

Tough to say with no pics. Some grow quickly and others slowly. Did you have any crown work or just frontal? Crown are ais to gfow more slowly.

In my opinion, the best way to get an idea is to search out as many documented results online as you can that closely match your case.

The good news is that you are already pleased and you will certainly continue to see improvement of some sort.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for answering David.

I had just the frontal 1/3 done and I would say I was a quick grower. But does that mean I see much less growth from months 6 - 12? I guess my question is just general, what do people normally expect to see from months 6 - 7, 7 - 8, etc

Hi snowy

Im a vet of 5 hair transplants of varying sizes.

The results varied wildly too.

Of the 4 that had results.

In the last one which was 1200 grafts things were looking awesome at 3 months ( all thecshock loss hair was back and there was definite new growth ) and i thought this is going to be the best ht yet.than v suprisingly the next phase 3 months - to 6 months there was thickening slightly but no real growth, at month 7 i suffered personal trauma didnt eat for a week.and had severe shedding.by 12 months there had been no real additional growth. BUT between months 12-15 i than saw more growth and thickening and at the end i could say the growth was very erratic but worth it, a half decent result not spectacular but half decent

So in answer after six months u could have growth all the way up to month 15

On average, at 6 months post-op, roughly two-thirds of the regrowth has manifested so yes there should still be more coming in the next three months or so but not as much as you are currently seeing.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On average, at 6 months post-op, roughly two-thirds of the regrowth has manifested so yes there should still be more coming in the next three months or so but not as much as you are currently seeing.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

75% at 6 months? I believe that is extremely aggressive and does not represent the average.

Bill posted something similar to the following:

*While everyone is different, averages might be something like the following:

3 mos- 10%

4 mos- 25%

5 mos- 40%

6 mos- 60%

7 mos- 70%

8 mos- 75%

9 mos- 80%

10 mos- 90%

11 mos- 95%

12 mos- 98%

18 mos- 100%

75% at 6 months? I believe that is extremely aggressive and does not represent the average.

Two-thirds = 65%, not 75% my friend...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY