Is MSM, hair skin and nails tablets?

HT-FUE

Hi,

Might sounds stupid but I hear everyone suggesting MSM and when googled it looks like the tablets are hair skin and nails tablet is this all they are?

Also I've read you shouldn't take vitamin tablets before your hair transplant as it can cause bleeding is this true? And if so does that mean I should stop taking hair skin and nails tablets now as I have a hair transplant for the back end of October

Thanks for any help

Yes, that is all MSM is. It does nothing to slow the progression of hair loss or regrow hair. However, it may improve the overall quality and appearance of the hair.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You may also find this article from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog by Dr. Arocha informative.

Should I Stop Taking MSM before Hair Transplant Surgery?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Very helpful info David thank you,

A few questions on the link you sent, his first line starts with theres a study which shows MSM is safe for upto 12 weeks, so it's possible long term use of the tablet could be unsafe?

I'll check when I'm home but I think my MSM tablets contain vitamin E so if this is the case I'll discontinue use until after my transplant

Cheers