Question re regrowth and gym

Trump8080

Guys, I keep finding conflict info on the net. Can anyone help with the following questions:

1. It has been one month since I had my HT and none of the hairs have fallen out - would love to get your thoughts on this?

2. Can I start crossfit/surfing after one month? seems like the grafts are definitely in there! The doc has said yes (but stay out of the sun) - peoples thoughts?

3. When does the pink/redness on the recipient area go away?

thoughts/opinions would be great.

Edited by Trump8080

• Administrators

It can take up to 6 weeks for the transplanted hairs to shed, it took me around 7 weeks for all of the transplanted hair to shed.

As for doing crossfit or surfing, I'd advise you to check with your surgeon, my surgeon advised me 2 weeks to return to the gym and no swimming in the ocean for 8 weeks. But the best thing you can so is follow your doctors post op care, as he's the best one to consult regarding your situation.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It can take up to 6 weeks for the transplanted hairs to shed, it took me around 7 weeks for all of the transplanted hair to shed.

As for doing crossfit or surfing, I'd advise you to check with your surgeon, my surgeon advised me 2 weeks to return to the gym and no swimming in the ocean for 8 weeks. But the best thing you can so is follow your doctors post op care, as he's the best one to consult regarding your situation.

thanks. My Surgeon said the same.