finastride and side effects

reefy86

hey, ive been on finastride now for almost 6 months taking a quater of 5mg tablet a day, for the first few months i used to have painful erections it felt like my erection was stopping at 75% with elastic band around top. that has since past by although i do get a mild paint sometimes but nothing that bothers me but the problem im having is getting a 100% erection and although my sex drive hasnt changed and im always wanting sex i do find it taking longer to get an erection, not much longer but still and id say my erections get between 85-95%

is this something i should be worried about with it being nearly 6 months can it take longer then 6 months for sides to go away because one thing that concerns me is ive read some people dont experience bad sides till 1 or 2 yrs later, should i really be worried?

cheers

Ash

This is really a discussion you should have with your prescribing physician. Some guys who experience these mild side effects feel it's wroth the trade off.

Mild side effects may eventually subside or may persist, unless you discontinue the drug. There is also a very small percentage of men who claim to have experienced permanent sexual side effects that remained even after discontinuing the drug.

In the past I quartered a 5mg tablet and took it on a MWF schedule with mild sides. I'm currently taking .5mg daily with no sides.

I think you'll find that despite some of the negative reports about finasteride that circulate on the Web, most seem to report a positive experience but there are risks no matter how small.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

will there be a good chance these mild sides will go away if i dropped my portion from 1.25 to 0.5 because if major sides have gone and im only left with mild thats a good sign that dropping to .5 will remove the milds too right?

cheers

Ash

I chose to play around with my dosage when I was quartering the 5mg tablet. I started off with 1.25mg daily then went to every other day and eventually settled on MWF. I found that significantly reduced the side effects for me and I could live with what remained. I'd say give it a try.

I brought home 1mg tablet from India after my last hair transplant so it's been easy to just take 1/2 tablet daily.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website