Dealing with USD to Euro currency

redcut

Hi,

Pardon me if this is discussed elsewhere here. I searched the forums and couldn't find any information on it. So it's either real obvious or extremely case-by-case?

I could be going to Spain next year for a HT and wanted to know the options for dealing with the currency exchange to fund the procedure.

I read that some doctors accept a USD wire transfer while others want their native currency.

With the ever-changing rate between USD and Euro I was thinking it could be better to take advantage of the current lower rate instead of risking a much higher exchange rate a year from now as the Euro value climbs. My only idea at the moment would be to open an HSBC Advanced Account and transfer it to Euro for little cost and let it sit there until next year.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or experiences? Waiting until next year could be a difference of $3000-6000 in exchange rate prices.

I just had a procedure in Spain. I did a wire transfer of about half and carried the rest in cash (I bought Euros from my bank in the states before I went)....

If you are worried about doing a wire transfer and letting it sit there, maybe you could buy euros now in the states and just hold them till you are ready?