Fixing hairline

Hi everyone, i am a new member.I have lost some hairline and have a small balding crown.i would kind of call myself norwood 2, 2a .I would want to have a flatter hairline as i am only 26 and still have my prime years ahead.i wanted to know can i get my hairline fixed without touching crown for now.I know MPB will progress, but can further transplants take care of that.and one more question is will i be able to retransplant my already transplanted hair ,as in if i want to move them from hairline to scalp when i get old.

Hi Navi,

Welcome!

Most doctors would actually start by addressing the frontal portion of your scalp first. Then you could address the vertex/crown at a later date. The way you're proposing actually makes the most sense! What's more, this plan allows for a natural appearance if you continue to recede and leaves room for "touch ups" in these areas down the road. Good instincts!

Have you consulted with any doctors yet?

Also, sharing some pictures may be helpful. It will allow members to offer more helpful advice.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Navi,

I'm Nick and I work for Dr De Reys. It is possible to retransplant hairs and this is something that Dr De Reys can do because he is an FUE-only.

When it comes to the hairline, this is something that the doctor takes special pride in and I've written a post about his philosophy on this forum. You can find it here:

How does Dr De Reys design a hairline?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177660-making-hairline-dr-de-reys-2700-grafts-fue.html

Dr. De Reys is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Dr De Reys | Hair Transplant Surgeon in Belgium.

First of all considering your hair loss progression at such an age it's advisable you go on medication to stabilize your hair loss. But I bet you already knew that :P.

If you don't go on medication a hair transplant can obviously be done too but you should be willing to undergo more possible hair transplants in the future.

Considering your approach I would definitely opt for FUE. It will allow for homogenization of your scalp and if things go wrong you can always shave your head without having a linear scar on the back of your head.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com