Generic finisteride 5mg or proscar 5mg tablets?

DJMFFT

Hi everyone,

I can either get 14 month supply of generic finisteride 5mg or 14 month supply of proscar 5mg 14 month obviously with them been cut into 5 pieces each so 1mg

Which of these two is better or are they pretty much the same just paying the extra for a brand?

Thanks guys

Just read a thread basically saying people were saying generic finisteride wasn't working for them but when they switched to proscar or the real deal propecia they started to see positive results.

So if generics work for you then you might aswell keep using them if you ever find they stop working then switch to propecia or the cheaper alternative proscar

I took both propecia and 5mg proscar. I took propecia first for 14 months. I took proscar 5mg second for 3 months. I first quartered the proscar and so was taking 1.25 mg per day. I think cutting into fifths would be incredibly time consuming and not very realistic. Cutting a very small pill into an awkward amount of pieces is probably not easy. I just wrote my experience with both under a different thread, don't remember the title but should be easy to find as its on today's posts page 2 and my name was the last poster.

To answer your question in my opinion, the proscar was much stronger. When I used propecia my sides were really bad but not as bad as they were with proscar. It took me 3'months to become completely impotent from proscar. I stopped and the sexual side effects took about 2 months to dissipate. I have a son and normal amounts of free testosterone and DHT. I provided my thoughts as to while this occurrence happens to some but "not all" in that other thread, which I suggest reading.

Yeah I used to try cut my pills into fifths but after about a month Or two I just gave up and started cutting into quarters I know I'm losing a day on every pill I chop but it was worth doing and losing the hassle of trying to cut fifths.

I'll be sure to give them a read DISpHAIR IVE ordered the 14 month proscar after reading the forum about generics maybe not for you as my shedding slowed down when first using but now I'm at the back end of my 14 month supply it's not as effective as when first using it. But it's still a lot better than not taking it. so maybe Ive lost the effects and need to try proscar.

If it turns out it isn't for me as everyone's different I'll just stop using it and try something else until I find what's right for me.

Thanks for the advice needmoarhair.. I'll keep that in mind for future, have the odd day where I forget to take them so maybe doing it that way will work better for me

Hair transplant in a month can't come quick enough